Home

Delete the patch!

This is a discussion on Delete the patch! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #65

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Delete the patch!

Quote:
So what if I am not saying anything specific. In this scenario, it is difficult to state specifics, because most of it is based on feel. Again, I not trying to sell people on removing the patch. I simply noticed a difference after installing the patch.

So with that said, try it, if you like the patch... wonderful! If you don't... wonderful!
I understand it might be difficult to state specifics. I've been there myself and have no problem with you saying that.

The problem comes when you make a big deal about having to "repeat" yourself.

If you have no specifics, give your opinion and leave your opinion. Look back at your posts in this thread. You repeatedly posted your opinion over and over as if you felt the need to validate that opinion and then throw out a condesending post saying you don't need to prove anything to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
You know what. I think my posts are being misconstrued as I am trying to convince others to delete the patch, which indeed is not the case. I think there are certain members of the community who seem to ride the efforts of others, not trying anything for themselves, but become argumentative and condescending when another poster states his/her opinion on a subject.
I haven't seen anyone be argumentative or condescending with you at all.
People were asking your reasoning for the difference between the two and you were the one who suddenly became defensive and condescending for no reason.

Quote:
I don't like it, I think it is lazy. It takes all of 5 minutes to be up and running patch free. I can understand those who ask questions if there is monetary risk involved, but I can't understand why someone wants to post opinions and perspectives on what someone else is saying, without putting forth the effort themselves so they can make their own opinions and base those opinions with their own facts.
Lazy? This is where I get pissed off.

I have a full time job. A family and a life outside of all this as all of us do. I apparently don't prioritize video games the way you do. This in no way shape or form makes me or anyone lazy.

I do this for fun. I'm lucky to get a couple games in a week. I was hoping to see your reasoning for your opinion other than "you feel that way".

If you don't have specifics that is PERFECTLY FINE.

But don't you dare call me lazy for not wanting to take the time to go through all that if I have no reason to do so.

GIve me a tangible reason to want to do that and I'm game. Again, I want to enjoy this game to its fullest just as much as you do.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-30-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #66
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why does it feel like this entire site is majority PS3 owners?
Who cares,why does it matter, or what does your post contribute to this thread?

As far as the patch goes,I picked up the game today for the PS3,and I did install the patch.
I didn't play alot of the demo,because well frankly the camera view would give me a bad headache.....lol

So this is a very small sample of what I found to be different. The first thing that stood out immediately was the commentary.
In the demo it seemed that Simms and Nance would never shut up...lol...full version with the patch,it seems more "sporadic"

During the opening,it seemed like they were going to go to Danielle Bellini....but her lines never came up....almost like I had skipped the part (of which I didn't)

This may all have been coincidence,so I'll have to pay more attention as time goes on.
As far as game play goes,I was only able to get about a half in,but I didn't notice anything that jumped out...but to get a better feel,I will delete the patch and see how it is.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
but become argumentative and condescending when another poster states his/her opinion on a subject.
Where did this happen? The only person who became argumentative was you when you got defensive.

Quote:
I don't like it, I think it is lazy. It takes all of 5 minutes to be up and running patch free. I can understand those who ask questions if there is monetary risk involved, but I can't understand why someone wants to post opinions and perspectives on what someone else is saying, without putting forth the effort themselves so they can make their own opinions and base those opinions with their own facts.
So you don't believe in comparing notes? You've never read a primer before? Talk about a complete lack of perspective.

If someone comes in and says something to the effect that they can't believe they have to repeat themselves, and the game clearly is better without the patch, asking for specifics is being lazy? Really?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:51 AM   #68
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
You know what. I think my posts are being misconstrued as I am trying to convince others to delete the patch, which indeed is not the case.
Then the OP probably shouldn't have called on you to cooraborate the patch-free gameplay in a thread titled "Delete the patch!"

Quote:
I think there are certain members of the community who seem to ride the efforts of others, not trying anything for themselves, but become argumentative and condescending when another poster states his/her opinion on a subject.
I think the mods do a pretty good job of stomping out any personal attacks like that.

Quote:
Personally, my grandmother died so I've been busy with family and getting things ready - and that's in addition to usual work. It's been a hectic week to say the least. If that means I can't take time to play Madden as much as I want (patch or no patch) right now, my apologies.

Quote:
So what if I am not saying anything specific. In this scenario, it is difficult to state specifics, because most of it is based on feel. Again, I not trying to sell people on removing the patch. I simply noticed a difference after installing the patch.
What if the first reply was "Nope, it's better post-patch" and that was it? That would be terrible. I would expect that person to provide examples in the same way I'd expect from those who think it's better pre-patch.

Maybe defense is tighter, resulting in more accurate default QB percentage...maybe the AI plays smarter in general. Maybe blocking is smarter? Maybe teams play more to their real-life tendencies. There has to be something you can point to for people to look for.

I get what you're saying about feel, but there has to be something where you can say "It feels better because _________." That's all I was getting at.

Quote:
So with that said, try it, if you like the patch... wonderful! If you don't... wonderful!
Agreed.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Then the OP probably shouldn't have called on you to cooraborate the patch-free gameplay in a thread titled "Delete the patch!"

I think the mods do a pretty good job of stomping out any personal attacks like that.

Personally, my grandmother died so I've been busy with family and getting things ready - and that's in addition to usual work. It's been a hectic week to say the least. If that means I can't take time to play Madden as much as I want (patch or no patch) right now, my apologies.

What if the first reply was "Nope, it's better post-patch" and that was it? That would be terrible. I would expect that person to provide examples in the same way I'd expect from those who think it's better pre-patch.

Maybe defense is tighter, resulting in more accurate default QB percentage...maybe the AI plays smarter in general. Maybe blocking is smarter? Maybe teams play more to their real-life tendencies. There has to be something you can point to for people to look for.

I get what you're saying about feel, but there has to be something where you can say "It feels better because _________." That's all I was getting at.

Agreed.
Honestly, I think everyone has made good points. Yes , I did get a little defensive, that's on me. It's unfortunate I can't give more specific reasons that the game is better without the patch. I wish I could, but all I can say right now is that I like the game better pre-patch. Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #70
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

OK,
played a game without the patch,and using the same sliders I had initially set up before deleting the patch...in other words,I used the same sliders....lol

I played as the Steelers (obviously...lol) and beat the Vikings 51-16....game was waaaaay to easy.
In comparison to the near half I played yesterday against the Browns,in which I was leading 7-6 with about 3 minutes before half.

What stood out the most however,was pre patch,the running game again was way to easy....post patch,the running game felt a bit more difficult,again...using the same sliders on both pre/post patch.

As far as the animations go,I didn't see 1 thing that stood out that made me say..."this is so much better".

Post patch,it seemed the cpu defense was more aggressive,and was able to contain the run better...the Brown's defense gave my running game fits,and their pass defense was much more aggressive as well.

Graphics?...yea,not seeing anything different here either,and if there IS a difference,it's certainly not worth deleting the patch.

The only difference,was I was actually able to hear Danielle Bellini's voice....lol

But other than that?....sorry,but I didn't see anything THAT drastic in any facet of the game that made me say,"I need to play without the patch"

Also...game ran smooth pre/post patch,so no differences there either...sorry,just didn't see it.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #71
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

I deleted the patch and still nothing. It still froze up. There is a big scratch on it already for some reason and maybe that is why it froze up but I deleted the patch and it is still acting up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »