Home

Simulated TD passes

This is a discussion on Simulated TD passes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Simulated TD passes

Plain and simple, there aren't enough of them in Madden 25.

The yards are fine, the QB completion percentages are okay (or, at least, better than in, say, Madden 12), but I just finished the 2013 season and 22 teams finished with under 20 total TD passes. That contradicts reality. 23 teams finished with 20 or more TD passes in the 2012 NFL season. The QB ratings are too low, too. Matthew Stafford, Philip Rivers, and Matt Schaub all finished below 65.0 during the season. That's pathetic.

The Redskins, a playoff team @ 10-5-1 (the 'too many ties' topic can be saved for another day), finished the season with 4 TD passes, yet RGIII still eclipsed 3,000 passing yards. I literally laughed out loud when I saw that.

Just an observation on my part. I used jaymee's sliders with the Ravens and had a very sim-like, very enjoyable regular season campaign, but damn, has Madden ever gotten QB sim stats right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Simulated TD passes

Its sad every year we have to deal with sim stat problems. We voice the problems every year but they never listen. Maybe they listen but cant fix them completely. To me stats are just as important as gameplay. I've had a couple seasons I simmed that the leader didn't even reach 30 touchdown passes.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
Banned

They're never going to figure it out. Ever.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Boy
They're never going to figure it out. Ever.
10 characters
Old 09-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

It's why I'm not buying.

I will if they manage to fix it... But I'm really not counting on it. EA's sim stats engine has always been terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I totally regret buying it. Is it really that hard for professional game developers? Do they not understand how important stats are to football? Do they watch football? I don't know. They have forced me to look into past games with better sim stats. I'm going to try madden 10, 11 and nfl 2k5.

I think the reason why they don't care for fixing it is because not enough voices are complaining about it. A lot of us long time madden players are adults now and care about stats. Not twitter feed (which frustratingly slows the menu down) and gimmicky features. Is it hard to cater for young and old? Is it hard for me to scroll through the cc menu without it constantly pausing and loading crap I don't care about? YES!

Last edited by haloofduty; 09-03-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake616
The Redskins, a playoff team @ 10-5-1 (the 'too many ties' topic can be saved for another day), finished the season with 4 TD passes
What is this, 1922? The forward pass still in it's infancy?

Sim stats should be the one thing they nail down. This stuff is about as basic as it gets when it comes to programming, and yet they somehow manage to screw it up and completely miss the mark.

Stop buying this game people! Stop supporting this crap!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
What is this, 1922? The forward pass still in it's infancy?
It must be! I met the Redskins in the Super Bowl.

Seems like EA caters heavily to the pass or run in each game. In 12, It was all about running the ball because Peyton Hillis was on the cover. In 13, it was all about passing because Johnson (uh...Jr.) was on the cover. Now Madden (19)25 has gone back to the running game, likely due to Sanders' cover appearance and A.P.'s big year, but it's still a "passing league", no?

The evil marketing team for EA is especially evil. "They voted for a running back this season. Guys, the running game NEEDS to be in the forefront. What do you mean Brees threw for over 5,000 yards again last season? Shut up and add a new truck stick or something!"

Andrew Luck finished just shy of 4,000 in my first year of CFM but had just 14 TD passes? Whaaa?!

Last edited by mastershake616; 09-03-2013 at 05:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »