Home

Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

This is a discussion on Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
Is it just me or are there not alot of superstar/storyline running backs this year?
I find these draft classes to be terrible. The storylines are probably the best part.

There are so many 70 speed DBs and 70 str OL it's ridiculous. Makes no sense at all.

There are no 3-4 OLBs either. Have to convert DEs to OLB. But have no idea who would be good or not until after you draft them and switch their position

And I went probably 3 or 4 drafts in a row before finding a 300+ pound DT who was a 70 ovr or better. Almost all the DTs are like 280 pounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #66
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfrosty
Lester was my jags/celtic tigers first draft. I scouted him a few times and the game had an event where it said "Reports are jaguars are targeting Lester. Send multiple scouts. Jags FO denies claims. Other teams are taking notice also". Had to trade up to get him and was worth it. Same story line though, broke his arm. Funny thing, next year Ray lewis comes out of retirement so I signed him and played them next to each other lol
Lewis seems to always come back. They both ended up on the Saints in mine.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #67
Rookie

Ok so he's not a storyline player, and his development is only average...also only starts off at a 74, but in the McCadden draft there is a DE named Jahred Muhammed....he's 6'7", 270 lbs, 82 spd, 81 acc (I think) and mid 80s block shedding. Not elite speed, but a very intriguing blend of strength, size, length, and speed in addition to the ability to get off blocks. Has 3 sacks for me so far through 3 games. Very muscular and intimidating as well. I take issue with the body models used for some of these players, but they nailed this guy. Took him with the first pick in the 2nd round. Oh yeah...and no sleeves!!

The "Dark Knight" Rises: A Detroit Pistons Dynasty (NBA 2k11)
Old 09-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #68
Rookie

My favorite player that I drafted came in the Pop Warren draft (I drafted him too) his name is Shady Monroe he's a 6'8 WR out of UCF. He was projected to go 9th overall but I couldn't let him pass by so I traded Mario Williams and my 1st to get him to the Chargers.

The guy is an absolute MONSTER, no one can cover him.

Last edited by DanBootleg; 09-02-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #69
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
My favorite player that I drafted came in the Pop Warren draft (I drafted him too) his name is Shady Monroe he's a 6'8 WR out of UCF. He was projected to go 9th overall but I couldn't let him pass by so I traded Mario Williams and my 1st to get him to the Chargers.

The guy is an absolute MONSTER, no one can cover him.
Now in my storyline he is projected like 7th round, I scouted him and he has no speed (78?) but I'm thinking of drafting him late and switching him to TE because of his size.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Fair warning - I'm in the 'Pop' Warren and the QB/K storyline.. Both of those players are black in the storyline and have white pictures. Not sure how they are in game yet.

Bummer. How does that happen to storyline players?
That happened a lot in last years game. It makes absolutely no sense especially when it happens to storyline players. It's as if they have two team working on generated rookies - those who make up ratings and another who just adds pictures. It just comes off as lazy. It makes a CCM very unrealistic.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Generally the taller outside linebackers are 3-4 pass rushers occasionally one may be 6'2 or 6'3 but they have higher weight I hope this helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Now in my storyline he is projected like 7th round, I scouted him and he has no speed (78?) but I'm thinking of drafting him late and switching him to TE because of his size.
While its a good plan, the game does not let you move WRs to a different position. Why I don't know. Probably a bug. I kept Monroe as a WR and made him a TE in my depth chart instead. He's like an 80 ovr as a TE in my game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »