Home

settings not changing in CF

This is a discussion on settings not changing in CF within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
settings not changing in CF

Has anyone else had a problem with the defensive assists settings not changing in connected career games? Both online and offline when I go to settings while in the game and try to change heatseaker or switch assist to ON it goes back to OFF as soon as I leave. Interestingly enough I can switch gameflow in and off and it stays. But heatseaker, switch assist, ball hawk, and auto-strafe will not stay.

To be clear switch assist (for example) will be OFF I will switch it to ON and then leave. Come back and it'll be back to OFF. Outside of the game in the franchise's settings it is ON and outside of the dynasty it is ON. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: settings not changing in CF

No wonder I miss so many tackles!!!! Lol I haven't noticed this yet but will check tonight. I remember there being a problem like this last year with the depth chart automatically defaulting week to week
Old 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Rookie

same thing happens to me.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I had this happen every time I tried to change it in the early release version, but I just assumed that it would be fixed in the retail version. That's a weird thing to have bugged out since it's one of the fundamental game settings you establish when you create your profile.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
MVP

What is switch assist?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I noticed mine settings were set to "off" in the game and so I check setting outside of the game and everything was set to "on" so there is an issue with those settings in CF.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Rookie

I think switch assist is basically the computer helping ease the transition of you switching from one player to another by allowing a small grace period before your movements move the player. So DB's in coverage don't stop for a second when you switch on them or go the wrong way.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Yup... my offline CF... never saves any of the settings. I've back out of CFM to check the universal game settings, and the CFM settings, theyre all set to "on" there. However once I get back into CFM and into a game, they're all set back to off. Crazy the things EA misses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »