Home

How would you stop the counter run in Madden 25?

This is a discussion on How would you stop the counter run in Madden 25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
How would you stop the counter run in Madden 25?

I'm watching a high level player live stream right now and it seems like the counter run is a money play. 10+ yards every rush. The state of the game with the WRs blocking like hall of famers plus once you are in open space using run free, the run game is super overpowered.

I won't touch competitive play until EA tweaks this and i'll stay offline if they don't but is there any way to stop this play currently?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Banned

FanSinceWayBack's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How would you stop the counter run in Madden 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I'm watching a high level player live stream right now and it seems like the counter run is a money play. 10+ yards every rush. The state of the game with the WRs blocking like hall of famers plus once you are in open space using run free, the run game is super overpowered.

I won't touch competitive play until EA tweaks this and i'll stay offline if they don't but is there any way to stop this play currently?
Counters in general or out of a specific set?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Just in general. I was watching a top 100 guy live streaming and he wasn't really abusing it its just that it worked for 10+ yards everytime just executing it normally.. With the status of WRs holding blocks like they are the Man of Steel I am wondering how do you stop that play when they kick it outside and get an easy 10 yards
Old 08-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
Banned

FanSinceWayBack's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Just in general. I was watching a top 100 guy live streaming and he wasn't really abusing it its just that it worked for 10+ yards everytime just executing it normally.. With the status of WRs holding blocks like they are the Man of Steel I am wondering how do you stop that play when they kick it outside and get an easy 10 yards
What team was he using and facing?

If I were defending it I user my MLB or S ( depending on his set, down & distance etc ). I pinch and crash (usually help keeping blockers off you immediately after snap) my DL to which ever side I think he is running towards. On almost all counters the Guard pulls. I line up about 3-4 yards off the A-gap and just shoot in at the snap. The 3-4 yard cushion should allow you to see EXACTLY which gap you need to hit by the time you get to the LOS. Practice makes perfect.

Also another way, but not AS efficient. Play a 3-4/4-3 Cover 2 man. Manually walk you SS down on top off and outside of your LOLB (if 4-3) and then put him in a flat zone. Manually walk your FS down and do the same on the opposite side.

Hope that helps somewhat

Last edited by FanSinceWayBack; 08-28-2013 at 07:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »