Home

did yo relocate your team?

This is a discussion on did yo relocate your team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
did yo relocate your team?

Did you.guys choose to relocate your team, if so where to? What inspired you to move and what team name/color you choose? Thought this would be a fun thread.

I choose the jags and moved them to London and now i am the london black knights. I like the colors and new stadium. I kinda think i regret not staying in U.S. london is kinda far fetched. Thoughts? I think san antonio would be a good spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: did yo relocate your team?

Who? St. Louis Rams

Where? Los Angeles, CA

New Name? Los Angeles Aftershock

Why? Wanted to bring a team back to LA, and the Rams (or Raiders) are the most logical choice IMO. I settled on the Rams because they have been bottom 5 in attendance for the past 6 years and they can opt out of their lease after this season if they wanted to. Rams also have a much better roster/future than the Raiders. Also makes sense divisionally and geographically.

Would have liked to have kept the Rams name. but the endzone still reads "St. Louis Rams" when relocated. If I can live in a sports world where names like "Wild" and "Thunder" exist.. then I can live with the Aftershock name and their colors/uniform aren't bad at all.

Last edited by DrPhibes; 08-29-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I decided not to relocate in my main franchise. I did however, rebuild the Bengals stadium. As most nfl fans know, Paul Brown is very stingy with money. So I took over and want to spend, spend, spend.

In my franchise with a friend, I'm debating on which team to use as I want to try the relocate feature. Just don't know who or where to. Do it realistically or more fun. I'm curious to what others have done here...
Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

What do you all think about relocating a team to london?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0
Icon10 Re: did yo relocate your team?

My list for "realism" on moving teams... 1- being absurd, 10 - very real

Los Angeles, California - 10
Toronto, Canada - 9
London, England - 6
Mexico City, Mexico -3
San Antonio, Texas -7
Orlando, Florida -7
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - 9
Salt Lake City, Utah -5
Brooklyn, New York -3
Memphis, Tennessee -3
Chicago, Illinois -7
Sacramento, California - 8
Columbus, Ohio - 7
Portland, Oregon -9
Austin, Texas - 5
Dublin, Ireland -1
Houston, Texas - 3

The most real would be LA, Portland, Columbus, Sacramento and Toronto.

LA, Toronto are HUGE, like top 10 cities in North America and could fill a 80K stadium every week. COlumbs is up and coming, got a NHL team and I think could support an NFL team. Sacramento again good market, and could start some good rivalries.

The least real would be Dublin, Houston, Memphis, Brooklyn and Mexico City.

Houston, Memphis, Brooklyn could not support two teams, in some cases THREE. Dublin... really? They would all be wearing Soccer jersies. Mexico City... the only reason why it is not a "1" is it is the biggest city in North America... there would have to be 80,000 out of 25 million to go see a game. Even if it was 110 degrees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by beruud
Houston, Memphis, Brooklyn could not support two teams, in some cases THREE. Dublin... really? They would all be wearing Soccer jersies. Mexico City... the only reason why it is not a "1" is it is the biggest city in North America... there would have to be 80,000 out of 25 million to go see a game. Even if it was 110 degrees.
Could always move the Jets or Giants to Brooklyn. Let them have their own stadium. If the Nets could do it.....

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Valhalla's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Could always move the Jets or Giants to Brooklyn. Let them have their own stadium. If the Nets could do it.....
I'm going to move the Jets to London eventuslly.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beruud
I moved the Rams and Raiders back to LA (kept their names and uniforms), then moved Jacksonville to Mexico City. Kept the Jaguars, as well. Makes more sense, really, since the jaguar is a jungle cat and part of Aztec mythos. Plus, having them in the AFC South still makes sense Kept the Bills in Buffalo, built a new stadium instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »