Home

I have a question about difficulty settings

This is a discussion on I have a question about difficulty settings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have a question about difficulty settings

I've been playing on pro difficulty since I got this game. well, today I thought I would play on the all-pro difficulty and I got dominated the whole entire game. My question is, why is there such a huge jump in difficulty when going from pro to all-pro difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I have a question about difficulty settings

When you put the user skills to 100 does the difficulty automatically get switched to rookie?
Old 06-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Pro

Download a slider set and play at the level your comfortable with. How long have you been playing?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
Rookie

How long have you been playing? There's going to be an adjustment period when you increase the difficulty for anyone, especially if you haven't been playing long. Eventually you'll get used to the speed and figure out what works and what doesn't. Just don't keep trying to do the same thing over and over if it isn't working on All-Pro. I had to change up the way I approached the passing game when I bumped up, and again on All-Madden. Just have to play to get better and adapt
Old 06-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
Rookie

I've been playing football games since ncaa football 09, but madden 12 is my first madden game. I ended up putting all the user sliders on 60, it's a little easier than it was the first time. So does the difficulty really depend on what you put the sliders on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: I have a question about difficulty settings

You have to think of "difficulty" differently. It's not just 4 settings (Rookie, Pro, All Pro, All Madden). Those are merely presets along the difficulty scale. The sliders determine how difficult each aspect of the game is. If you set it to Rookie and then adjust any of the sliders then you are playing on a custom difficulty. If you set it to All Madden and adjust any sliders....custom difficulty. I recommend going to the slider forum, downloading a set of sliders, and tweaking from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 06-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
You have to think of "difficulty" differently. It's not just 4 settings (Rookie, Pro, All Pro, All Madden). Those are merely presets along the difficulty scale. The sliders determine how difficult each aspect of the game is. If you set it to Rookie and then adjust any of the sliders then you are playing on a custom difficulty. If you set it to All Madden and adjust any sliders....custom difficulty. I recommend going to the slider forum, downloading a set of sliders, and tweaking from there.
does putting the user sliders to 100 make the line on the kickoff/punt meter go up and down slowly?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: I have a question about difficulty settings

No. It's slow in User v User games and fast in User v CPU games. Also--and this is rich--changing the sliders on penalties probably affects game play more than the difficulty sliders do. Go figure.

Check out the Slider Forums. You can also just manually enter the sliders if you don't have XB Live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »