Home

CPU VS. CPU Can Be Done!

This is a discussion on CPU VS. CPU Can Be Done! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: CPU VS. CPU Can Be Done!

So what happens at the end of the season? Won't all, or most, of these low rated QB's get dumped thereby losing the ability to watch games during the next season?

I too am very interested in this development! Because if this works, I am now going to purchase this game!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

If you do the Player one, doesn't that remove the ability to do owner mode control though? I haven't tried, I just assumed.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I suggested something similar to this last year but in the pursuit of a true coach mode, here is the issue. In M13 I thought when you choose to be a player, a) you called the plays for whichever side of the ball your player is on and b) the game would supersim whatever plays didn't have a User player. Has this changed in M25?

To try to clarify, using the OP's workaround would require the User to use both controllers and call all the plays for both teams.

Now what this workaround might allow is a true coach mode online with 32 Users but again I thought that last year but there was some monkey wrench to it due to Supersim. Maybe some can test this to see if by having a player/User controlled QB deep on the bench for both teams, the entire game is able to play out instead of parts being Supersimmed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
Banned

On Madden 25 I rented it loaded it up, choose 32 Owners and then got screwed by EA. Forgot to take the game back the next day (RedBox) then I said what the **** I'll try something else. Went to choose Kickers or a Punter wasn't a choice then said oh I'll turn injuries off and Instant Starter off. The only drawback to this and it a major drawback, you have to leave BOTH controllers on for the game to play right. One controller will force you into a SIM situation and nobody wants that garbage. And also I have GameFlow or Gameplan whatever it is called on.

Last edited by nyhater2003; 08-30-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Added some Info at the end.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhater2003
On Madden 25 I rented it loaded it up, choose 32 Owners and then got screwed by EA. Forgot to take the game back the next day (RedBox) then I said what the **** I'll try something else. Went to choose Kickers or a Punter wasn't a choice then said oh I'll turn injuries off and Instant Starter off. The only drawback to this and it a major drawback, you have to leave BOTH controllers on for the game to play right. One controller will force you into a SIM situation and nobody wants that garbage. And also I have GameFlow or Gameplan whatever it is called on.
Help clear somethings up for me.

So being a bench QB User player in M25 for both teams allows every aspect of the entire game to play out, every snap, no Supersim?

How is the play calling handled?
Old 08-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
Rookie

I'm going to redbox this and try it as well. Thanks NyHater
Old 08-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #15
Banned

I wrote most people private answers, so to those who I didn't respond to (which may be 1), SORRY. All 32 teams the only oops moment I had was Chad Henne was the starter but I am sure I could depth chart his but anyway to be the backup. Taking the game back so somebody else can answer these questions better. I am in week 4 of NCAA 14 so I have a long ways to go before I tackle Madden and this headache. The best reply I gave was" "you better hurry up and do this (CPU vs. CPU) before EA patches it".

Last edited by nyhater2003; 08-30-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Forgot the Apology
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

Good find man. Sad we have to do these things to get simple frachise feature we have had for years.

Fyi as a player mode your can't do any owner mode stuff, team management or even change up the depth chart, smh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »