Home

CPU VS. CPU Can Be Done!

This is a discussion on CPU VS. CPU Can Be Done! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU VS. CPU Can Be Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks
Good find man. Sad we have to do these things to get simple frachise feature we have had for years.

Fyi as a player mode your can't do any owner mode stuff, team management or even change up the depth chart, smh.
Well that kind of defeats the purpose. Most CPU vs CPU players enjoy the GM aspect and then watching to see if their hard work pays off.

Regardless, good find OP. Props. I guess my Madden hiatus will be extended.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
Just started!

im understanding everything and everything worked but only thing is what do i do with second controller ? when i put it on other side my (user1) controller is being played by cpu wihtout having to do anything but user 2 controller still wants me to pick plays etc how do i get both teams do be cpu controlled?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #19
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

First off I dont do 32 team control so this may not work, just an Idea.

If being player takes away GM control. Y not make 64 users, 2 per team. 1 player and one owner. Then on the side select screen only pick the players to play he game.????
Old 12-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
Just started!

you dont have to do 32 teams just the ones you want to see play etc and also you cant do owner n player for same team just wont let u but choose teams u want to control n be coach n choose teams u just want to spectate or watch their games choose a 3rd string active player
Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
Rookie

Mick-S's Arena

I found this somewhere else :

You can work around the no CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM as long as you have two controllers. This is going to sound complicated but it's really only like a 1-minute process once you get used to it, and definitely worth it if you really want CPU vs. CPU. I'll try to explain it well and make it as easy as possible to follow.
1. Select your coach/owner as usual and start your Franchise. MAKE SURE AUTO-START is OFF, and player type is set to ALL when setting up your franchise. Do everything like you normally would up until you are ready to play your first game in CPU vs. CPU mode.
2. Once you're ready to play a game, make a mental note of what team you'll be playing. Go to Settings, User Teams, and hit Triangle for New Character. Select Player, Active Player, go to the team you'll be playing against and select their 3rd string QB
3. Now press down R3 (right stick) and toggle back to your coach/owner. Go to manage roster, select Retire, then it brings you to the retirement page and select Create a New Character. (Don't worry, this only retires your progress with this character, not the actual character.) Select Player, Active player, and pick the 3rd string QB on your team.
4. Now you're ready to play. Make sure you have two controllers on and go to play the game. It should show a controller on each side. Go ahead with the game. Since there is a player selected for each team that won't see any time on the field the game plays out in CPU vs. CPU mode
5. After the game is finished, retire the player you selected on your team, create a new character when prompted, and select the same coach/owner you started with. (Again, this will not retire the player you used, only negates any progress in XP you made with that player. That player will still be on your roster).
6. Advance week, make any necessary moves as coach/GM, then repeat the process. Instead of creating a completely new character for the team you'll be playing, just retire the guy from the previous week and select a new active player from the team you'll be playing this week.
I'll revisit this frequently if anyone has any trouble, questions, or makes any improvements to this method. Good luck and enjoy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
Rookie

It's not that hard to understand.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #23
Rookie

It's not that hard to understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »