Home

Re-Signings

This is a discussion on Re-Signings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Rookie

ajtickle's Arena

OVR: 1
Re-Signings

What stategy do you use for re-signing your players in CFM? In M13 it used to be that I offered the player whatever the default offer was (except in special circumstances) but this year the default offer seems to be unrealistically low, so it gets rejected straight away. E.g. Ryan Wendell wants 22 mill over 5 years for me, the default offer is saying 3 mill over 3 years, so there is a considerable difference.

Also, do player re-signings appear in the 'Actions' tab this year? I'm in Week 2 and none have appeared yet so I presume you have to go to the re-signings page to do them all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Re-Signings

They start appearing in around Week 8 to resign guys. i also noticed Default offer low. I try to keep it around 1 or 2 mil lower then what guy wants. Some accept some i have to keep trying
Old 08-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

newmich's Arena

as an owner how would your strategy be with bonuses. For MJD I gave him $2 mil for signing bonus then the rest was salary.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Bonuses can be good or bad. If you think the player will be kept for whole contract then more Bonus nice cause doesnt hit cap as hard. But if you need to release guy Bonus hurts cause it counts as penalty.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
Bonuses can be good or bad. If you think the player will be kept for whole contract then more Bonus nice cause doesnt hit cap as hard. But if you need to release guy Bonus hurts cause it counts as penalty.
Perfect answer man you hit everything I was looking for. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »