Home

Fight For Yards Trait and Elusive Backs

This is a discussion on Fight For Yards Trait and Elusive Backs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Most elusive backs like Charles and McCoy do not have the "fight for yards" trait. I'm about to start a fantasy draft franchise with McCoy and assume in Madden 15 you can still purchase this trait with XP and am wondering if I should get it for McCoy.

I'm not planning on upgrading his trucking, strength or stiff arm (atleast for now) and am wondering if it will be beneficial, harmful or make no difference to get the trait.

I'm using McCoy to practice the spin, studder, back juke and combo-jukes that I don't use much, I did plenty of franchises with power backs in M25 like Peterson, Morris Lacy etc and am good at trucking as well as the regular and "precision" juke but want to practice the other moves.

Basically the questions comes down to if the trait helps to "break tackles" when doing "elusive" moves like spinning out of contact when hit.

I probably will end up getting it ultimately but it would be good if anyone knows anything, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Fight For Yards Trait and Elusive Backs

I got it for Jamaal in my CCM and it does make a difference, what would of been a 5-6 yard run can quickly turn into a 8-10 yard run with this trait.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks, good to know. If you can tell, does it look like he's trucking/stiff arming out of tackles or juking/spinning? (The difference you're noticing after getting the trait)
Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 AM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Its really worth it , i wouldnt say its such a big deal like the guy said above me but it can really make a difference between getting that extra yeard or two for first down or punting the ball . As far as i can tell it has various animations from somewhat of a spin move for an extra yard or two when you are getting tackled to just diving forward for 3-4 yards when defender tries to tackle you . Its really an amazing trait IMO .
Old 10-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

You see lot of extra steps and fall forward with this trait. Totally worth it

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 03:01 AM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Ive notice some players missing traits that they should have to begin with. Biggest 1 I seen was somehow Peyton Manning Dont have the Clutch Trait, I was shocked when I saw that, not sure why they wouldnt give arguably the best QB ever the clutch trait. I dont play with the Broncos, as Im a Dolphins fan, but thankfully I went thru and di some editing to the roster before starting my Franchise. For the most part I think they do a good job with ratings and traits, but there are a few that leave you shaking your head wondering what they were thinking

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-13-2014, 03:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Ive notice some players missing traits that they should have to begin with. Biggest 1 I seen was somehow Peyton Manning Dont have the Clutch Trait, I was shocked when I saw that, not sure why they wouldnt give arguably the best QB ever the clutch trait. I dont play with the Broncos, as Im a Dolphins fan, but thankfully I went thru and di some editing to the roster before starting my Franchise. For the most part I think they do a good job with ratings and traits, but there are a few that leave you shaking your head wondering what they were thinking
Last year Kuechly and Poe had slow development all year, Suh still doesnt have the big hitter trait despite being the biggest hitting DL in the game and reality, Leveon Bell is listed at 244 pounds despite being 230 last year and dropping about 20 pounds and being visibly smaller this year etc..
Old 10-14-2014, 03:42 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanchamekGym
Last year Kuechly and Poe had slow development all year, Suh still doesnt have the big hitter trait despite being the biggest hitting DL in the game and reality, Leveon Bell is listed at 244 pounds despite being 230 last year and dropping about 20 pounds and being visibly smaller this year etc..
Thanks for pointing those out. I will remember that for the next franchise I do. I already started my Coach Franchise, but I plan on doing one as a owner, so I will make sure to change those before starting that one. I never thought to check Suh for big hitter trait, but I guess its not surprising when Peyton Manning dont have the Clutch trait,lol. Im still shocked that they wouldnt give Peyton Clutch trait, my gosh he ranks right up there with Marino and Elway on comeback wins.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »