Home

What does Autopilot do?

This is a discussion on What does Autopilot do? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
MVP
 
mavfan21's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2007
What does Autopilot do?

In a 32 team CFM if you set the other 31 teams to autopilot will they make or offer trades?

What about draft pick trades?

What exactly does autopilot do? Is it better to set the AI to sign players, etc or just do autopilot?

Thanks for any help.
__________________
Don't look back too long and don't look too far ahead.
mavfan21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
3-4 Defense
 
roll2tide's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 233
Blog Entries: 6
Cool Re: What does Autopilot do?

Autopilot=Keep this team set as user controlled....however, the necessary aspects of advancing from week to week will be handled by the CPU. It should sign players to fill the roster if injuries occur. It will not scout or resign your players each week, though. Nor will it auto progress your players.
__________________
GT roll2tide



Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA


Twitter roll2tide
roll2tide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
Pro
 
HeavyHitter55's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Re: What does Autopilot do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Autopilot=Keep this team set as user controlled....however, the necessary aspects of advancing from week to week will be handled by the CPU. It should sign players to fill the roster if injuries occur. It will not scout or resign your players each week, though. Nor will it auto progress your players.
So, after chopping the roster down to a 53-man roster, it won't cut players and re-order the depth chart then?

Also, what if I just keep all teams going w/o autopilot so that I can keep track of week-to-week injuries? I'm assuming that I'll still be able to play my games and force advance as I wish, correct?

I've never done a 32-team CFM, so sorry for the dumb questions.
__________________
"Believe in Now"

RIP J.J.
HeavyHitter55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:17 AM   #4
MVP
 
CaseIH's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: What does Autopilot do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
So, after chopping the roster down to a 53-man roster, it won't cut players and re-order the depth chart then?

Also, what if I just keep all teams going w/o autopilot so that I can keep track of week-to-week injuries? I'm assuming that I'll still be able to play my games and force advance as I wish, correct?

I've never done a 32-team CFM, so sorry for the dumb questions.
Auto Pilot should run all the teams you dont want to control in your Chise and form my understanding it will even make trades on auto pilot, or thats what someone told me anyway, cause I was wondering how to do a 32 team chise without having to control any aspect of the other teams if I dont want too, so I hope thats the case or that will be diappointing if they dont make trades and put pplayers on the block, etc.
__________________
Everyone who exalts themselves will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted- Luke14-11

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
CaseIH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Banned
 
Steel4Reel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: What does Autopilot do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
So, after chopping the roster down to a 53-man roster, it won't cut players and re-order the depth chart then?

Also, what if I just keep all teams going w/o autopilot so that I can keep track of week-to-week injuries? I'm assuming that I'll still be able to play my games and force advance as I wish, correct?

I've never done a 32-team CFM, so sorry for the dumb questions.
Not sure if you are on Madden 25 or 15...but on M25, The depth charts are screwy no matter what unless you set them all yourself. Thats why alot of people do 32 team chises....to make sure the depth charts are correct. Might be fixed in 2015, but doubtful.

Autopiloted teams will do pretty much everything....it resigns impending free agents, drafts, advance the week, relocate, trade, sign FAs during the FA period, etc... Im not sure if will will sign OUTSIDE free agents during the season, though. For example, if one of your players gets injured and put on IR, I am not sure if they will sign anyone to replace them. I dont recall the CPU signing anyone in mine....although injuries were set low in mine so most eams didnt need to.
Steel4Reel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
Pro
 
HeavyHitter55's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Re: What does Autopilot do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Not sure if you are on Madden 25 or 15...but on M25, The depth charts are screwy no matter what unless you set them all yourself. Thats why alot of people do 32 team chises....to make sure the depth charts are correct. Might be fixed in 2015, but doubtful.

Autopiloted teams will do pretty much everything....it resigns impending free agents, drafts, advance the week, relocate, trade, sign FAs during the FA period, etc... Im not sure if will will sign OUTSIDE free agents during the season, though. For example, if one of your players gets injured and put on IR, I am not sure if they will sign anyone to replace them. I dont recall the CPU signing anyone in mine....although injuries were set low in mine so most teams didnt need to.
I'm on M15. I think I'll just set it up and force advance just to keep the AI out of the question. I'm running only the 2014 season with FBGs ratings any way, so it's not like it'll be a huge hindrance through the CFM.
__________________
"Believe in Now"

RIP J.J.
HeavyHitter55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
Banned
 
Steel4Reel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: What does Autopilot do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
I'm on M15. I think I'll just set it up and force advance just to keep the AI out of the question. I'm running only the 2014 season with FBGs ratings any way, so it's not like it'll be a huge hindrance through the CFM.
LMAO....I would think you would REALLY need to adjust depth charts with the FBG ratings. The ratings are already out of whack in CFM with the default rosters due to scheme ratings and all.
Steel4Reel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.
Top -