Home

Is my CFM scheme broken?

This is a discussion on Is my CFM scheme broken? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is my CFM scheme broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I understand the overalls are meaningless in gameplay, but don't they affect the contracts the players demand?
and the stats when you simulate seasons. i mentioned changing my receiver scheme to speed with the bears and devin hester ends up being a 94 and topping 1000 yards receiving, but when left at the default scheme of possession receiver he doesn't even top 500 yards and is a 77.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #18
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
except it doesn't even work right. take for instance matt forte. when you go to his player card it says his scheme is "one-cut". so you'd figure if you were running a one-cut scheme for a runningback that would show his highest possible overall, however, he gets worse when you do the one-cut scheme and is best when you do balanced! the only way to figure out is to adjust the scheme over and over and keep going in to the roster to see what their overalls display in a certain scheme because their best possible scheme as it shows on the player card is rarely their actual best one, so thats fun and time consuming. and then once you get everything set up the way you want it in the menus and go to play a game, lo and behold, all of the overalls are drastically different!
Yeah but the overall means nothing execpt for my next reply below. Pick what you want and what players suit your play/scheme. For simiming It's the same. Don't Judge players just on there overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I understand the overalls are meaningless in gameplay, but don't they affect the contracts the players demand?
Yeah higher overall ratings demand more money for their position so you could mess them around and get them cheaper if you wanted.

This is stupid imo. A team can be interested in different type of players than others but if thats the case would they pay more wages to him? No. The less amount of teams that were interested in him would likely lower his contract value. This is where the main overall that is in madden could be added to CFM to make the players have set contracts demands based on this and then they could add other factors such as team success, location etc if more than one team made a offer but even this seems too much to add when some of the fundamentals of the features they have added and re-added don't work how they should.

The fact is it's a good idea for CPU team building but it's not been implemented right and wasn't explained well in 13 and still hasn't been.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
and the stats when you simulate seasons. i mentioned changing my receiver scheme to speed with the bears and devin hester ends up being a 94 and topping 1000 yards receiving, but when left at the default scheme of possession receiver he doesn't even top 500 yards and is a 77.
Another stuipd thing. If that plays apart in sim stats they should add the main overall in to view or at least go based on that. This is what happens when you add stuff on to a broken mode like fifa have recently solved. With madden they ripped out a mode that worked and made it worse and re-added wrongly.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
Rookie

If your changing schemes dont forget to hit "start" for ps3 otherwise what ever scheme your changing it to wont be save.

also every scheme workes better with the right Player type, and player types have change this year.

we are missing field general qb from last year and all other player type has change.

I am playing owner mode at the moment and strictly just sim.

Oakland raider with default scheme/playbook starting flynn or pryor result in 0-16 season.

After long tinkering and figuring out that player types has change i was able to start a sim with 4-1 record with pryor as my main qb and 4-3 tampa defesne OFF Rank 10, Def Rank 6

Play book: Balance, Scheme: Vertical offense, I am 4-1 with new build.

Strong arm qb, balance Rb, running/receing FB, Big mauler LT/RT, Balance RG/LG/C, Vertical Treat TE, Speed WR

Defense: 4-3, Scheme: tamp 2,

Speed Rush LE/RE, Pass Rush DT, Zone Cove OLB/MLB, MAN CB, PlayMaker FS/SS

I dont believe its broken but i do believe some default schemes are horrible for some teams.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Yea it is useful if it works properly. But it doesn't. Like the original poster said

Also, even when I change my scheme around and change the type of players preferred etc. none of my teams ovr move. They are stuck at what they began at at the beginning of th season. Hopefully it does recalculate in the off season though. Otherwise this is a terribly broken feature (that actually worked better last year).

Really hope it does recalculate in the off season. If it doesn't then teams that do switch schemes, lets say from a 4-3 to a 3-4, are still going to be keeping 4-3 DEs over 3-4 DEs because of the overall
The problem with the game is every team defaults to west coast style offense and a basic 4-3 or 3-4 defense. I have been doing some testing and started a my 3rd franchise a Patriots one. I changed the offensive philosophy to Spread and the defense to Hybrid multiple looks because this is what the Patriots really run. I then went in and made some adjustments to positional schemes. I changed my outside Linebackers to balanced, and my inside linebacker to Run Stopping. I also changed my 4-3 ends to balanced. The overalls all changed accordingly and my team was number 3 in defense all year.

So in my opinion it seems to be working but you have to set it correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »