Home

Player progression not carrying over to next season???

This is a discussion on Player progression not carrying over to next season??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #33
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Player progression not carrying over to next season???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmankey1
This is a little off topic BUT...is the XP the only way to progress a player? Im in my first season doing a CCM coach. I picked up Knile Davis and he's been doing really well and his ratings have inflated during the season. He's moved up to a 68. Will he completely revert back to his "stock" ratings IF I don't use any XP to upgrade them?
I believe so, yes. During the season, players' attributes can fluctuate during a season depending on performance. Next season, everything gets reset to base. Do the attributes look the same if you go in to upgrade the player? It would be interesting to see if that shows base atts or current performance atts.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #34
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I wonder if this will allow for some of these players that perform really well during a season to also ask for more $$$ or command a better trade value in the off-season with that 'inflated' OVR.

Anyone know if this is the case?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #35
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
I believe so, yes. During the season, players' attributes can fluctuate during a season depending on performance. Next season, everything gets reset to base. Do the attributes look the same if you go in to upgrade the player? It would be interesting to see if that shows base atts or current performance atts.
I will check on this tonight. Im progessing them after my next game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I wonder if this will allow for some of these players that perform really well during a season to also ask for more $$$ or command a better trade value in the off-season with that 'inflated' OVR.

Anyone know if this is the case?

Yes. (Although my evidence and experience could be a coach vs owner variation).

Evidence: Coach mode first season of Rams. Played Bradford at QB. In the following year, he wanted WAY too much money to renew his contract for talent I felt was mediocre; and I lamented not deciding to just have a new low OVR QB to build up and sign to a longer contract.

In that year, I had Austin Davis as his backup who finished the season with a 71 OVR - having played less than a dozen snaps all year. In the re-signing stage, I decided to sign Davis to a long deal for "pennies" and made the decision not to renew Bradford's contract and stick w/ Davis and draft a new QB.

That season my Rams were moved (by AI owner) to Memphis and became the Egyptians - of which I was bitter about.

I started season one as Rams over again, this time as OWNER mode to avoid that issue happening again.

I made the choice this time to cut Bradford before I started the season eliminating his outrageous contract (which was the last big contract to a 1st overall before the new Collective Bargaining Agreement went into effect).

I started Austin Davis for the season and figured I'd see how good I could make him as a franchise QB for now....

I signed Bradford from FA when the season started to a one-year deal and traded him in week 5 (to the Jaguars for a 2nd and 4th) after I was comfortable that Davis could serve as a QB for my needs (Power Run scheme with a lot of two-TE formations (thanks to Cook and Kendricks).

I made the choice to never upgrade Austin throughout the season - figuring I'd live with what I had for now, and I'd sign him FIRST to a long-term deal at the end of the season then upgrade him. The game "fluctuated" him to a 76 OVR based on his moderate level of success. The off-season I signed him to long term deal, and he wanted significantly more than he did the previous season that finished him with a 71 OVR. Still pennies compared to what Bradford wanted and really not a huge drop off in stats from Sam - and Davis was better mobility which I liked. AWR is irrelevant w/ player controlled QBs, so that was a huge part of the ratings.

When the Off-Season was over, Davis reverted back to OVR 71, but I had 120,000+ XP to assign to him, which bumped him to a 78 once I was done spending it, and better in many ways than Bradford was, and Much Much cheaper.

So in the end I wound up with a 78 OVR QB with a 6 year contract commensurate of a 76 OVR QB, so the game's fluctuation did account for what his XP most likely could have stratified him as, and thus his contract was fairly accurately conceived. However, the fluctuations are smaller from what I can tell than the xp really could achieve so in the end you do save some money by not advancing them even if they have a good season and fluctuate some, but not as much as you would if you didn't advance them and they didn't have a good season or play that much and fluctuate that highly (however you'd have less XP to play with at the end of the season also as a trade-off).

Robert
Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #37
Rookie

About to start the third season of my Raiders CCM and I too noticed that a few key players overalls had dropped significantly.

Terelle Pryor went from a 94 > 87
Josh Gordon went from a 91 > 86

But when I started to progress them after Preseason Week 1 I realized that their individual attributes like Throw Power and Catching did not drop from the previous season. All the upgrades I had made remained intact.

I also had a drafted TE, Stefon Greenwall, jump up to an 87 overall after having an average season statistically. His individual attributes like Catching and Run Blocking didn't change either.

At no point did I change my offensive scheme or desired player type. Overall seems to be a fairly useless representation of players in this game.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3

Any one know if the patch fixed this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »