Home

Player Hot and Cold Streaks and RB Hesitation

This is a discussion on Player Hot and Cold Streaks and RB Hesitation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
Player Hot and Cold Streaks and RB Hesitation

There are a couple things year after year that really make it hard for me to enjoy Madden. One of these things over the past 2-3 years has been hot and cold streaks. Can these be turned off?

The way I view them, as many other things in the game - it's just lazy programming and a way for the developers to justify opposing teams "cheating" to make the game competitive. I'm sorry, I can't get excited to play when my Bengals entire offensive line is on a cold streak and the entire opposing Ravens defense is on a hot streak. It's ridiculous how much this impacts the game. My players suddenly forget to block and forget how to catch.

Another thing that is making it really difficult to enjoy the game is the hesitation on toss plays. Since my interior linemen can't seem to remember how to block, the only real chance I have is to try to get Gio Bernard in space on a toss play and juke my way to the end zone......NOPE, can't do that either thanks to the one second hesitation by the running back when he gets the ball. Tackled for a 3 yard loss - every time.

These two things make it extremely difficult to enjoy the game. Anyone else having the same problems? I wouldn't even mind having an occasional hot/cold streak for a player or two over a 1-2 game period, but the entire offensive and defensive line? Once you're cold it's so difficult to break the cycle and get them playing well again.

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Player Hot and Cold Streaks and RB Hesitation

Hot/Cold Streaks are based on weekly goals.

Complete 2 or more of the weekly goals for the player, they are on a Hot streak.

Complete none of the 3 goals, that player is on a Cold steak.

Complete 1 goal, Normal.

As far as the RB Hiccup... You have to play on NORMAL Game Speed. Any other setting makes your players stutter on Sweeps/Tosses and After the Catch.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzo503
Hot/Cold Streaks are based on weekly goals.

Complete 2 or more of the weekly goals for the player, they are on a Hot streak.

Complete none of the 3 goals, that player is on a Cold steak.

Complete 1 goal, Normal.

As far as the RB Hiccup... You have to play on NORMAL Game Speed. Any other setting makes your players stutter on Sweeps/Tosses and After the Catch.
Clutch response. Thank you for the information. Very helpful!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

No problem.

This problem is both in NCAA and Madden 25 when playing game speeds other than normal.

It's crazy
Old 09-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

Quote:
No problem.

This problem is both in NCAA and Madden 25 when playing game speeds other than normal.

It's crazy
Where can I view the weekly goals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

Quote:
No problem.

It's crazy
Where can I view the weekly goals?

Never mind. Found it.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
There are a couple things year after year that really make it hard for me to enjoy Madden. One of these things over the past 2-3 years has been hot and cold streaks. Can these be turned off?

The way I view them, as many other things in the game - it's just lazy programming and a way for the developers to justify opposing teams "cheating" to make the game competitive. I'm sorry, I can't get excited to play when my Bengals entire offensive line is on a cold streak and the entire opposing Ravens defense is on a hot streak. It's ridiculous how much this impacts the game. My players suddenly forget to block and forget how to catch.

Another thing that is making it really difficult to enjoy the game is the hesitation on toss plays. Since my interior linemen can't seem to remember how to block, the only real chance I have is to try to get Gio Bernard in space on a toss play and juke my way to the end zone......NOPE, can't do that either thanks to the one second hesitation by the running back when he gets the ball. Tackled for a 3 yard loss - every time.

These two things make it extremely difficult to enjoy the game. Anyone else having the same problems? I wouldn't even mind having an occasional hot/cold streak for a player or two over a 1-2 game period, but the entire offensive and defensive line? Once you're cold it's so difficult to break the cycle and get them playing well again.

Any suggestions?
I personally like the hot and cold streaks, forces you to try and hit player goals for players other than your number one receiver and running back. You just have to adjust your style of play to their weekly goals.
As for your RB problem, lay off the controller until the rb makes a step. A lot of these plays have built in animations it seems. Madden is not as bad as NCAA tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »