Home

Can someone explain the OVR change resulting from changing schemes?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain the OVR change resulting from changing schemes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Can someone explain the OVR change resulting from changing schemes?

For some reason the overall changes during an online ccm but it doesn't change for the offline ccm.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Can anyone confirm this?
Didn't work for me. It's probably an issue like last year, where it will work in online but not offline. I'll try online in a bit and see.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I thought changing the schemes would change the players OVR in franchise mode menu but I am not seeing it. Is it broken? I understand it only changes the apperance of the OVR and does not change the players attributes, however after changing schemes from the Team screen I am not seeing OVR change anywhere.

I am the NY Jets. I go to the Team tab, then Strategy. Schemes. We are listed as Offense: West Coast and QB1: West Coast. With this setup on the depth chart Sanchez is rated a 73. Same on the Roster screen. When I go to the Lions depth chart Stafford is rated an 80 and his backups S. Hill is a 71 and K. Moore is a 70. If I go to the Trade Center and pick the Lions they have the same ratings there. In the Free Agents screen Colt McCoy is rated a 74.

Now I go back to the Team tab, then Strategy, Schemes and change Offense: to Vertical Offense and QB1 to Strong Arm. I go back and check all of the above ratings. They are the exact same. Sanchez is still a 73, Stafford an 80 his backs 71 and 70 on both the Lions depth chart and the Trade screens. McCoy is still a 74.

My interpretation was that changing the schemes would change the OVR showing which players better fit into your scheme. It appears to not change anything in the franchise menu. Do I have to advance the week? Does it only change once per season? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: This is Owner mode just in case that matters.
it works and it's all dependent on what your preference SCHEME is as a coach..

for example and i am glad you're the jets to make this easier. you have 2 HB's. Woodson and Ivory. Woodson is a speed back, Ivory is a bruiser..

if you go change your SCHEME to prefer POWER backs you'll see this reflected in your depth chart as Ivory now has the much higher OVR than Woodson

it won't change their individual attributes but their OVR changes depending on which player suits your scheme better..

hope that helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImReady77
For some reason the overall changes during an online ccm but it doesn't change for the offline ccm.
Okay, so that's it then. Oh wells hope they patch it.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I didn't check the rating changes, but I know for a fact that the preferred player scheme doesn't change based on playbook... I started an online franchise with Tampa, who is a 4-3 team, so they only have MLB 1 listed as a player. Changed them to a 3-4 and have advanced several weeks, and it still only shows MLB 1. No MLB 2.

Not a dealbreaker or anything, just adding in what I'm seeing.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Changing schemes will only recalculate overall when you are playing CFM as a coach.

If you are playing as an owner, changing schemes doesn't do anything. It needs fixed.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

So Offline or Online doesn't matter? Its playing as an Owner?

And your saying being a coach works both offline and online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #16
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

They need to patch this as it is very annoying to not know the actual overall of a player, also if I progress a player I cannot see his upgraded OVR until I am in a game and check the depth chart, wtf

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »