Home

Am I just rusty or has something changed from last year?

This is a discussion on Am I just rusty or has something changed from last year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Am I just rusty or has something changed from last year?

In my franchise last year I would throw anywhere between 8-12 interceptions a year. My QB (Flacco) always was near the top in QB rating.

This year it is week 13 and I have thrown 19 interceptions. I'm ashamed lol.
Still using the Ravens, largely running the same offense as well.

What has changed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Am I just rusty or has something changed from last year?

I've noticed that the CPU baits you into throws a lot more, which I like. It's no longer guaranteed that the linebacker looking like an idiot in the zone is going to be oblivious to your pass. He could just be hoping you make that pass and he charges underneath to snare it. This is usually how I play safety. Glad to see a few things on D got smarter (even though most got worse).
Old 09-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the game is easier. all madden is described as nearly unbeatable. it now feels like All Pro from about 4-5 years ago. but that is just my opinion. you are probably just rusty. it takes me quite a few games especially after playing ncaa for awhile, to sort of get back to the right angles and correct ball placement. really, you either get that down, or you will be intercepted over and over again. This year they make you pay for bad passes along the sidelines and in the end zone as well, something you didn't see as much of if at all in past years. I think just 2 years ago the CPU couldn't even pick you in the back of the end zone.

for me its about getting the timing back though. I think it was about my 7th game in where I hit a beautiful pass over a corner to the side of a safety for an 86 yard TD, that is a throw I probably get picked in my previous 6 games

what bothers me most about this, is it makes me realize that I actually have fun with the playing of this game, there are just a few things that ruin it. if the cpu even had half the darn gameplan we get from ncaa teams based on their coach, and if we had a WORKING CCM....but we don't.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

I'm not sure if you play NCAA or not, but it took me more than a season in that to get used to how much more agressive the CPU is in pass defense in the year's EA games. I threw more than 30 picks my first season in NCAA, then got smarter and safer, and knew which routes I just couldnt use any more.

I use a very similar playbook in Madden that I do in NCAA, and Ive been very careful, and only thrown 4 picks in five games thus far. Mos of those were on me being dumb or agressive, and not on a crazy play by the CPU defender.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Without a doubt the trajectory that was in M13 is gone. Try to over throw a WR, you can't. More often than not it'll be picked off because its under thrown. I've tried to put 'touch' on passes, but simple throws are again being picked off because they're straight line. And lobs can take too long. I wish they would've left the passing alone, it's ALMOST how it was in M12.

You just have to deal with it. It's annoying, I don't know why they changed it.

I personally have lowered the CPU INT slider because of this. There are some legit throws that'll get picked off and in the moment it's hard to not attempt it.

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 09-03-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Still play like Cyborgs on All Madden. Best experience is all pro with slider adjustments. Got them from the sliders boards.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

They made zone defense a lot tougher to read this year, last ear I could read every thing pre snap. This year I'm fooled all the time.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
They made zone defense a lot tougher to read this year, last ear I could read every thing pre snap. This year I'm fooled all the time.

I agree and I like that they did this I haven't tried a ccm yet but in games I have played in play now I went from throwing 3-4 int a game down to either none or maybe 1 a game. I think the new passing game plus the better passing defense u have to really fit the ball into the small windows or on place or u gonna pay for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »