Home

Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushing.

This is a discussion on Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushing. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushi

Good evening gents. If Madden has similar sliders to NCAA (dont know haven't opened my Madden game just yet), another thing you can do to help remedy the situation is lower the RBA (or Maddens version of it if not the same) which slows your RB down out of the backfield, giving the defense more time to shed blocks and get to the RB.

Thats one of the ways I tamed the up the gut running in NCAA. I also only pick plays that are called by the coach, and the middle running plays dont come up that often anyway.

I've always stated that you absolutely MUST have a good set of sliders, some house rules, and a good imagination to play current gen EA football and enjoy it. If you lack just one of those requirements, you can forget about it.

Edit. Just read that Madden doesn't have a RBA slider? It has to have SOME type of slider that is equivalent.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 09-08-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #130
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good evening gents. If Madden has similar sliders to NCAA (dont know haven't opened my Madden game just yet), another thing you can do to help remedy the situation is lower the RBA (or Maddens version of it if not the same) which slows your RB down out of the backfield, giving the defense more time to shed blocks and get to the RB.

Thats one of the ways I tamed the up the gut running in NCAA. I also only pick plays that are called by the coach, and the middle running plays dont come up that often anyway.

I've always stated that you absolutely MUST have a good set of sliders, some house rules, and a good imagination to play current gen EA football and enjoy it. If you lack just one of those requirements, you can forget about it.

Edit. Just read that Madden doesn't have a RBA slider? It has to have SOME type of slider that is equivalent.
Nope it doesn't. They took away Break tackles and Blockshedding. That's the reason I made this thread All we have is run block which most everyone already puts on 0... that tells you enough about how broken running is.

The best solution i've found so far is to literally take my teams playbook and remove HB Iso and replace it with HB dive or HB draw. I feel that play is flat out broken and overpowered no matter what sliders. If you play with more than 1 team that could be annoying though.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #131
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Nope the only rushing sliders they have is Runblocking, and fumbles. Putting the runblocking on 0 has zero affect on the Dline shedding blocks. It's definitely broken.. If I put the runblocking on 0,(on All-Madden) the CPUs Dline should be tough to run through but that's not the case at all. I get 100 yards rushing with both D.Wilson and A.Brown in about 80 percent of the games I play using a bunch of different run plays....

Last edited by Jarodd21; 09-10-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #132
Pro

OVR: 5

i would like to hear from these guys now about the run gm being not overpowered, next gen is crazy any noob can run for 300 yards
Old 04-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #133
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm not sure EA even acknowledged this was a problem last year. If this isn't fixed I pass on Madden this year. Certainly didn't get my monies worth last year and sold it fairly early.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #134
Rookie

I don't know about next-gen, but at the beginning of the season I used to use Peyton Hillis up the middle all day (when I was messing around with my friend).

That strategy became much less effective after the update that toned down the Truck Stick some.

It's still easier to run it up the middle than to the outside (which is more a symptom of a lot of power backs generally being too slow to get outside the tackle, meaning it's probably 10 times more effective to get 2-3 yards up the middle instead of losing 2-3 trying to run outside), but that's partially because even with great offensive linemen, when I run outside off-tackle I frequently get defenders coming unblocked and nailing me in the backfield before I've taken more than a few steps.

It's simply safer (positive yardage) to run up the middle than outside. Especially if you don't have a speed back.

If the offensive line's run-blocking was better, I'd run a higher % of outside runs than I do now.

Basically, the problem is that when you're running in a straight line vertically (ISO, up the middle), you get back to the line of scrimmage quicker than if you were to run horizontally / diagonally to the outside.

The DT's and DE's (and LB's) break through the offensive line too fast the majority of the time to have a decent success rate on outside runs. Success rate is much higher on inside runs because the HB gets back to the line of scrimmage quicker, because he's taking the shortest route/distance.

Last edited by Robrain; 04-18-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #135
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
I

The DT's and DE's (and LB's) break through the offensive line too fast the majority of the time to have a decent success rate on outside runs. Success rate is much higher on inside runs because the HB gets back to the line of scrimmage quicker, because he's taking the shortest route/distance.
I disagree with the idea the DT's break through too fast. Biggest problem is that they rarely broke through at all on inside running plays. Plus there was often a double team that resulted in one being pushed backwards 2-3 yards. The OL/DL interaction was far too predictable and not dynamic enough inside which was a huge problem IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I disagree with the idea the DT's break through too fast. Biggest problem is that they rarely broke through at all on inside running plays. Plus there was often a double team that resulted in one being pushed backwards 2-3 yards. The OL/DL interaction was far too predictable and not dynamic enough inside which was a huge problem IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
My experience getting tackled in the backfield has usually happened when I audible out of the ISO run play to an outside run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »