Home

Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushing.

This is a discussion on Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushing. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #33
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Well,unfortunately we're NOT able to edit player attributes inside of franchise mode,so this throws out any editing to the oline run blocking....not unless you edit outside of franchise before you start,but then in the offseason,you're kinda screwed.

The only and (obvious) fix,is to hope EA patches this,and patches it sooner rather than later.
I really,really enjoy the game,and do play a sim style of game,but is sucks knowing that pretty much whenever I need a sure 3-4 yards,all I need to do is call I formation Iso.

Before I get the famous "don't call that play then"....save it....it's the fact knowing it IS there,and able to be used...I don't feel I should have to limit what I do on offense because of EA's mistake on this.
"Run Free" was their marketing ploy to sell games. You think they're going to patch the game to limit the running game?!

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #34
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
"Run Free" was their marketing ploy to sell games. You think they're going to patch the game to limit the running game?!
I guess we'll just have to wait and see now won't we.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

I must be some sort of exception or it only happens on higher difficulties, because I get blown up in the backfield a realistic amount.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 02:17 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1
Arrow Re: Rushing up the middle is broken and overpowered. We need EA to fix the USER rushi

I don't care what any other slider or difficulty level is. If my user run block slider is set to 1, my linemen should be human turnstyles. They should be on their butts. Enough said. Even at 1 and penalty sliders all funky, I can still run the ball with Isaac Redman. ISAAC REDMAN.
Case. Closed.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #37
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm getting great gameplay in my online franchise and am scared as hell a patch will break that. I guess I'm selfish lol. Sorry fellas. I gave up playing the CPU years ago, always gets stale.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #38
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I totally agree with the op. Far too often an inside run is an easy gain with no chance for a loss in the backfield. The OL just gets too much push and the run blocking slider is incredibly weak. EA has done a really poor job in Madden with their sliders the last few years.

As this is a line issue I would also tweet at Clint Oldenburg, EA's ex NFL OL and line guy. Maybe he can also fix this.
https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Agree with the OP, but I'm not sure what should receive more "squeky wheel get's the grease syndrome," curls are money when playing zone, ISO up the gut or getting pocket pressure every once in a while. Does this mean every time it's 3rd and 10 I call a curl route?

Pick your poison?

To me, one isn't anymore important than the other.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #40
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree with the OP, but I'm not sure what should receive more "squeky wheel get's the grease syndrome," curls are money when playing zone, ISO up the gut or getting pocket pressure every once in a while. Does this mean every time it's 3rd and 10 I call a curl route?

Pick your poison?

To me, one isn't anymore important than the other.
I know what you are saying about curl routes and that there are other areas of the game that need fixing as well but to me rushing up the middle is something you cannot avoid. You can create tighter coverage using sliders to make throwing to curls a bit more random/harder. There is nothing you can do about the inside user rushing right now. There is no counter balance. All they need to do is give us our sliders back it seems like an easier fix than to tune the AI. I'm asking for the bare minimum because I know they have limited resources for patches. If they just fix this and let us recreate the challenge of last years running game or at least closer to that then I can live with all of the other flaws that we can manage. I can call curls less percent of the time but rushing up the middle for some teams is 40-50% of their gameplan! The Jets run up the middle all day long, I cannot enjoy this game with any slider or difficulty the way it presently is performing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »