Home

The Left Trigger....

This is a discussion on The Left Trigger.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
The Left Trigger....

is it different on xbox 360? Seems like on PS3 it doesn't "pitch" the ball if hit on a run, but game demo on xbox 360 it does "pitch" the ball when running. I am asking because there are times I hit the LT accidentally and wondering if that function changed in full version of game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Left Trigger....

Left Trigger, or LT, is not the pitch button on XBox. It is the precision modifier button. Left Button, or LB, is the pitch/lateral button. If you are looking at the top of the controller with the face pointed towards you LB is the button closer towards you and LT further away. LT is also the button opposite RT which is the turbo/acceleration boost trigger. LB is opposite RB which is the button used for throwing to your 5th receiver and is also used for pitching the ball in designed option plays.
I'm pretty sure the layout is the same for PS3.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
Left Trigger, or LT, is not the pitch button on XBox. It is the precision modifier button. Left Button, or LB, is the pitch/lateral button. If you are looking at the top of the controller with the face pointed towards you LB is the button closer towards you and LT further away. LT is also the button opposite RT which is the turbo/acceleration boost trigger. LB is opposite RB which is the button used for throwing to your 5th receiver and is also used for pitching the ball in designed option plays.
I'm pretty sure the layout is the same for PS3.
They must have changed it from the Demo. Playing the Demo is where I was occasionally having that issue, hitting LT. As I recall, LB and LT did same thing in Demo.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
They must have changed it from the Demo. Playing the Demo is where I was occasionally having that issue, hitting LT. As I recall, LB and LT did same thing in Demo.
The demo's controls were the same, but I accidentally pitched the ball a couple times when I was trying to pull LT for the precision modifier and accidentally bumped LB.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
The demo's controls were the same, but I accidentally pitched the ball a couple times when I was trying to pull LT for the precision modifier and accidentally bumped LB.
Yup, they were exactly the same in the demo.

Seeing as the (LT) precision modifier is one of the top features of this years game and was heavily featured in the demo and LB/manual pitch has been in the game for years it would have been quite noticeable had these been different in the demo.

I've made the mistake of hitting LT when trying to use a precision modifier but the worst I've seen was a guy I was playing against doing it on the goal line going in for a TD. I think he may have been trying to use LT+X to dive over the pile but instead he pitched the ball back as he was crossing the goal line and I recovered.
I felt so bad that I played conservatively on my possession and ended up going 3 and out and punting. His returner muffed the punt and I recovered that as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
MVP

You guys are right, they are the same in both PS3 and xbox 360 demos. For some reason, I don't accidentally hit the pitch button with PS3 controller, but I have done it with xbox 360 controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »