Home

Scripted Miracle Finishes

This is a discussion on Scripted Miracle Finishes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scripted Miracle Finishes

I have this incredible urge to buy & play but I just can't, too much rubberbanding... to the point where it barely feels as if what we do means anything. I can't enjoy a game that has this little gameplay.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #34
Rookie

I had just come off a perfect season on an online CFM with 5 friends (16-0 and a superbowl win) and the next season I'm 8-0. But, I'm playing with my fantasy drafted team and Russel Wilson gets injured bringing in Terrel Pryor. Now, the game was real close, I was down by 3i believe but only had time for 1 play after the kickoff. The only reason the game was close was because 2 of the computers 3 TDS were off of kickoffs (Which is strange because all they did was run it straight up the middle and I've never allowed one before, let alone two.) But the weirdest part was, I did 4 verticals and told Pryor to bomb it deep. What does he do? He throws it 50% of the way to Dez Bryant who is already in the endzone, but somehow Alshon Jeffery comes out of nowhere, catches the horrific throw and runs it in for a TD. Game over, I win. It just felt cheap. Keep in mind, this is on All-Madden with sliders in the CPU's favor.

In madden 12, I used to notice the final minute comebacks by the computer, but with more skill now, i notice it less. Ive been able to win 50-0 with 5 min quarters, no accel clock. But after the final 2 mins, i definitly notice a change
Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #35
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

If it's not to easy you guys should play on pro like I do. Any higher difficulty and the CPU cheats to make it harder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just had this happen to me twice in the last five games. Tie game, I have the ball with around 20 secs left in chip shot field goal range. I decide to run the ball one more time to run the clock down and center the ball in the middle of the field. I squeeze RButton cover ball the instant the HB takes the handoff. Both times he fumbles it away.

I really love playing this game but it's blatantly obvious that it's rigged from head to toe. Not just the miracle finishes but every play throughout the game. The speed of the players and the ball in the air is constantly manipulated to meet the scripted outcomes. There is zero user pass rush so every pass play can go on forever until a cpu receiver gets open.

This year is worse than ever the speed/accel/agility of the user defender is nullified to where there's almost no point in playing defense. Then there's that ridiculous new diving heel tackle animation so that any slower player who's totally beaten by a faster player can still bring him down 100% of the time.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
I just had this happen to me twice in the last five games. Tie game, I have the ball with around 20 secs left in chip shot field goal range. I decide to run the ball one more time to run the clock down and center the ball in the middle of the field. I squeeze RButton cover ball the instant the HB takes the handoff. Both times he fumbles it away.

I really love playing this game but it's blatantly obvious that it's rigged from head to toe. Not just the miracle finishes but every play throughout the game. The speed of the players and the ball in the air is constantly manipulated to meet the scripted outcomes. There is zero user pass rush so every pass play can go on forever until a cpu receiver gets open.

This year is worse than ever the speed/accel/agility of the user defender is nullified to where there's almost no point in playing defense. Then there's that ridiculous new diving heel tackle animation so that any slower player who's totally beaten by a faster player can still bring him down 100% of the time.

Yeah that diving tackle animation is really beginning to irk me. It is way overused. To sprinkle a few in here and there is nice for variety, but when used as a crutch in the manner you described it's bothersome.

EA is all about crutches, shortcuts, and gimmicks.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #38
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

See part of me believes some stuff is "scripted" but you also have to admit if you take a couple kneel downs instead of running the ball then there's no chance for a fumble and no "script" ending.....you see what Im saying? And not just your example I'm talking about, the majority of them in general.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
See part of me believes some stuff is "scripted" but you also have to admit if you take a couple kneel downs instead of running the ball then there's no chance for a fumble and no "script" ending.....you see what Im saying? And not just your example I'm talking about, the majority of them in general.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
You’re 100% correct, if a did a kneel down I wouldn’t have fumbled. I almost always kneel down in those situations, but I get tired of doing it because I WILL fumble rather then I might fumble.

From the defense’s perspective, getting a fumble in that situation is like the offense completing a hail mary, but in Madden (maybe only on All Madden) it’s seems like a done deal.

If there’s a part of you that believes some of it is scripted I encourage you to embrace it and look for signs like fast ball carriers being run down from behind by slower players, ball carriers in the open field who are constantly tackled a foot short of the first down marker or the goal line whether it’s a 5 yd run, 20 yd pass or 50 yd pass. Small QBs who run over Dlineman and LBs like a tank. Again, maybe this only happens on All Madden.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
There is zero user pass rush so every pass play can go on forever until a cpu receiver gets open.
No user-pass rush? On all madden with sliders in the CPUs favor, i average 5-8 sacks between my linemen. 2-3 come from my LE, and a couple from my RE and at least one from my two DT. Not enough pressure? Use man-man with 2 safeties deep and have one blitz. If you time it right, easy sack

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »