Home

Scripted Miracle Finishes

This is a discussion on Scripted Miracle Finishes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Scripted Miracle Finishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHorc
No user-pass rush? On all madden with sliders in the CPUs favor, i average 5-8 sacks between my linemen. 2-3 come from my LE, and a couple from my RE and at least one from my two DT. Not enough pressure? Use man-man with 2 safeties deep and have one blitz. If you time it right, easy sack
That's too many sacks, 2 to 3.5 times the NFL average in fact.

The problem isn't getting sacks, moreover it is a problem of not enough pressure. You don't need to get a sack to have a successful defensive pass rush. Getting quick pressure and moving the QB off his spot is typically enough to cause an errant throw, short dump off, or a throw away.

This pressure is not well represented in the game. There are typically two outcomes: get sacked or sit in the pocket all day and make a throw. There is very little middle ground. The latter scenario is what the previous poster legitimately complained of, and it's why the CPU QBs have ridiculously high comp. percentages when in game, even with QBA / WR catch set very low.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 11-03-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was down by a **** ton in the SB recently, Lions (me) vs Brady and the Pats...in the 4th quarter we forced 3 turnovers and scored 35 points to win by 10. Brady broke the single game TD record and yards record in the loss too (he had 9tds and something like 800 yards). it was quite thrilling.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #43
MVP

nml11287's Arena

OVR: 1

Raiders/Broncos in OT tied at 37, 3rd and 18 on Denver's 25. Manning hits D. Thomas on a slant with my CB on his butt and he breaks the tackle. He then covers the ball and trucks through 2 of my LB's and a Safety to score the game winning TD.

The funny thing was that when he was running through my 3 players, it was like they couldn't even touch him until he got inside my 5 yd. line.

Last edited by nml11287; 11-14-2013 at 08:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »