Home

Ever had a player disappear?

This is a discussion on Ever had a player disappear? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #57
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Ever had a player disappear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Interesting. Great to know. Thank you. Is it just QBs after 30 who retire the first year? Is this just a first year thing? Meaning going forward into your franchise of her ABs who hit 30 stay beyond? I'm wondering what the AI logic is behind a certain player retiring.
Yeah its mainly QBs though obviously its not only them , but other position players tend to stick few years longer and im not sure about what will happen if you go deeper and deeper into the franchise , the most i played was 3 seasons and i didnt really look into this .
Old 08-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #58
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
I am currently at the end of the season on my CFM and in the past CFM seasons i played i had players like Vick disappearing after first season but i never checked transactions for that , will do so this time and will tell you if they disappear or if they retire .

Edit: Yeah its not a bug , its just that everyone (especially QBs) who are older than 30 retire after the first season you play , Brady, Vick, Peyton Manning, Romo, Bress all retired after first season .
I would second this because I feel this is correct.The bad thing about it though is that most of the top qb's in the league right now will all retire right away.These qb's are the ones you usually see mentioned.I thought I saw Stafford mentioned once and that wouldn't make sense but who knows.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #59
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I would second this because I feel this is correct.The bad thing about it though is that most of the top qb's in the league right now will all retire right away.These qb's are the ones you usually see mentioned.I thought I saw Stafford mentioned once and that wouldn't make sense but who knows.
Yeah i saw someone mentioning that Stafford and Cutler retired after first season in their CFM... this is probably most annoying thing with CFM in madden 25 (and its not fixed on last gen madden 15 as far as i know) , i just cant stand having all these elite players retire right away .
Old 08-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #60
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

They shouldn't retire early unless it's because of injury or their ratings took a huge hit. I do know that if a player retired earlier than expected they would come back a year later. Aaron Rodgers retired then unretired twice for me. I just pretended he got hurt during the off-season.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #61
Just started!

OVR: 0

Weird I had Romo disappear in mine too. Maybe he retired?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 03:13 AM   #62
Just started!

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #63
Rookie

illini4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Just started a CFM with the cowboys, with the new roster update that must came out today. Simmed preseason and Ryan Tannehill is gone. I checked the transactions log and the injury report and he isnt on either one, nor any teams roster. No idea what happened.....

COLLEGE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE UofI
Fighting Illini!

MLB
Dodgers!

PSN: coocath110

OSCFL- Purdue Boilermakers
Three yards and a cloud of dust- Kansas St. Wildcats
Old 09-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #64
Rookie

smootherworm76's Arena

Before I started my first CFM, I looked for athletically gifted players that I might pick up off waivers from other teams. These were all young guys (<25) that I planned to bring in and try to develop, but half of them were gone by the end of preseason. I searched rosters, FA, and even the transaction log. I suspect part of the issue is that the CPU teams cut down to 70 upon loading, but the default rosters contained more than 70 players per team. So the extra 3-5 guys got cut, and the game has a limit to the number of free agents in any position, which results in them being purged.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »