Home

The patriots don't run the ball

This is a discussion on The patriots don't run the ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The patriots don't run the ball

17 passing attempts in the 1st quarter vs 1 rushing attempt (for a WR), how do I fix this? very annoying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The patriots don't run the ball

In my first game as the Bills, Tom Brady threw the ball 66 times for 53%
Old 09-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Agreed they had like 2 attempts in the first quarter when I played. I think I am going to find them a more balanced playbook to use. We can assign other teams playbooks to CPU teams just not custom ones. They seem to throw to their TE a lot too which is fine but Gronk is out so this rookie Sudfield? lights me up
Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Gronkanador's Arena

OVR: 0

I think they over did it, the patriots haven't had a throw every time offense since 07. They had a very balanced offense last year with Ridley running for 1200 yards, oh and get use to this Sudfeld kids' a hidden undrafted gem. Will be starting next to Gronk once he returns.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

They over-did the Broncos and Patriots style. I haven't tried but maybe with 32 team control and changing their playbook will make them run more?

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Noticed this as well..

At least at the goal line they seem to run the ball.. in the few games I've played against the cpu pats ridley ends up with the aging-bettis statline of like 7 carries 20yds 4tds.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
They over-did the Broncos and Patriots style. I haven't tried but maybe with 32 team control and changing their playbook will make them run more?
It will. They call plays based on the gameplans associated with the playbooks. Does anyone have a recommendation for playbooks to use for the Pats and Broncos? I like that the Patriots default playbook makes them target the Tight End a lot so I want to keep that factor in but I want them to run the ball more. They were 55/45 run pass split last year. Denver was 55/45 also. I don't know why they keep getting this wrong every year the data is very public instead of using guesses or outdated bias on how teams call plays... I'm guessing the Packers will need a new playbook too i'm sure they pass way too much ingame. All three teams were 55/45 last year.

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/smit...ss_ratios.html
Old 09-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I wonder....instead of changing playbooks,if we couldn't just go in and adjust their tendencies?

Instead of it being 55/45...what about just reversing that? I haven't played the Pats,but it would sound logical,and still be able to retain the Pats playbook.

Dunno...just a thought
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »