Home

Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #57
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
A guy at work doesnt even play video games period, but he bought the SE to get Sunday ticket and sold the game to me for $50. Cant beat that since I was gonna buy it anyway (skipped last years, so this was the year to buy)
Did the same thing. Bought a brand new copy for $48 off ebay from somebody who only wanted the Sunday Ticket. Also skipped last years after seeing gameplay videos and am enjoying this years so far. Nowhere near where I want the game to be but still enjoyable

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #58
Banned

CowboysFanForever's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, this might have something to do with the recent retired players lawsuit earlier this month. Seems like to me NFL fans are a little angry after that lawsuit.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Knowing EA they'll probably blame it on PC Piracy.... Oh wait
They will blame it on the game being to realistic and the casual crowd couldn't figure out which way to hold there controller or even how to put the game in the disc tray.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #60
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

lol well to echo others' sentiments, good can come from this. It might be what pushes them to really make substantial improvements to the franchise. But I'm not gonna lie, even though there are some beyond infuriating moments (the CPU offense just being unstoppable sometimes with my defenders not covering or not even trying to tackle after I manually switch to them!), this game has been very fun IMO. Maybe that's because the last Madden I bought was 09 lol But anyway the game was a good purchase for me, since I haven't bought one in so long. Hopefully they step it up big time though, there are still tons of things that need work
Old 09-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #61
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I know OSers and many other hardcores like to believe they are madden's base, but its just not true. Many of the problems people on this forum have w/ the Madden series aren't even known to the avg Joe Schmo Madden consumer. I too was going to skip madden, but the combination of Madden playing better than Ncaa and being in a 32-user online franchise influenced my decision to buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

It appears, on the surface at least, fans are no longer happy with the Madden status quo.

EA Sports reported sales of just over 1 million copies of Madden in its first week on store shelves. While EA was touting the success of Madden NFL 25, those sales numbers are down significantly from last year's number of 1.65 million in the same time span, a nearly 40% drop in sales.

The obvious culprit does seem to be many gamers are holding out for next-gen Madden, which makes a lot of sense. However, with incentive programs to upgrade to the next-gen game around and being touted by EA, it also does seem a large chunk of consumers simply are tired of Madden's current form and waiting for something new.

This puts even more pressure on the next-gen product to deliver a new and unique experience to the series, as fans are likely looking for that with the new game. However, for a year at least, it is likely the next-gen version of Madden will be a huge seller when the new consoles hit store shelves in mid to late November.
honestly speaking.. i don't think EA's "flagship" product is madden anymore..

that belongs to FIFA

hasn't FIFA absolutely obliterated madden in terms of sales the past few years?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchToLearn

that belongs to FIFA

In terms of world wide sales, yes.

FIFA caters to a much more world wide audience vs Madden.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #64
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchToLearn

that belongs to FIFA

FIFA blows Madden out of the water in sales. I think it's 4 or 5 times as many.

That's not to say that it's a better game though (not that you are saying that). Imo, they are both crap games, it's just that the sheeple gamers buy into marketing, which EA is a master at. That and hording all the licenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »