Home

Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
FIFA blows Madden out of the water in sales. I think it's 4 or 5 times as many.

That's not to say that it's a better game though (not that you are saying that). Imo, they are both crap games, it's just that the sheeple gamers buy into marketing, which EA is a master at. That and hording all the licenses.
So, it's not the fact FIFA has a world wide audience vs Madden?

Interesting, I thought it was because FIFA has more world wide appeal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Madden still sold more than FIFA in North America as of last year.

Though that could change this year.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #67
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, it's not the fact FIFA has a world wide audience vs Madden?

Interesting, I thought it was because FIFA has more world wide appeal.
Worldwide audience. Yup.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

has it really? i thought maybe FIFA had eclipsed that as well..

i was certain that FIFA has broken first week sales records in the states as well as worldwide

but i guess im wrong but yea.. Madden gets all the hype/glory because America loves the NFL

but in terms of being a "moneymaker".. Madden's not EA's cow anymore, i don't think
Old 09-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #69
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

When Madden is outsold by FIFA in North America, I don't think you explain it any other way than quality. Soccer/futbol is little league vs the NFL here.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
I didn't buy it, because Madden 12 is a better game IMO. Physics would be a awesome feature if they worked and looked right, but Madden 25 looks weird in motion to me. Madden 12 is a much more complete game on the field to me, so why spend money on 25?

The only good things I can say about Madden 25 over 12 is pass traject(and I have madden 13 if I have to have this), better looking grass(only matters to some), and ball hawk. Maybe the zoom camera is better, but no big deal as Madden 12's is playable too.

What I find interesting is I could snap a photo of a Madden 12 replay zoomed in close, and you would think it was next gen graphics. Shiny helmets with fleck, reflected mirror like visors(just like next gen showed off with Vick), and just a great look to it IMO. Was really close to the next gen photo's EA released(specially if it had 1080p resolution).The only thing bad with Madden 12 visually was the grass with many stadiums. Gameplay wise, it isn't even close. Madden 12 plays a much more competitive game. Everything feels more polished to me, and you don't see as much last minute speed adjusting by the cpu. It just looks nice. It was on it's way to becoming a great game.

Madden 12 is the best NFL game this generation IMO.
B.D Holmes, you Sir are a genius!
I agree, I bought Madden 13 and felt it inferior to Madden 12. So I've kept playing Madden 12 and see no need to upgrade until PS4.
Let us hope it is true step up in quality!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #71
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchToLearn
honestly speaking.. i don't think EA's "flagship" product is madden anymore..

that belongs to FIFA

hasn't FIFA absolutely obliterated madden in terms of sales the past few years?
If you're talking EA Sports then yea. Think Battlefield is their "flagship" nowadays

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #72
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I think people are being EXTREMELY optimistic to think that the drop in sales is due to the looming of next gen consoles. Let's keep things in perspective.

Sony has said that they have received record preorder numbers in excess of 1mil. MS is also happy with their preorder numbers, but refuse to give an actual figure. It is believed that PS4 numbers could possibly be as high as 2 times the number of X1's available at launch, based on retailers polled for their allotments. Regardless, let's just say that combined, they have about 1.7mil consoles at launch between them. These figures are not just the US. These are world wide numbers. If they are somehow both able to exceed preorder demand at launch, and offer even double that number on day one, again, it's not only US numbers.

Madden sales are down every year. This year they are down by 650k approximately. Let's say there are 3mil day one consoles available in the world in November. How many will the US get? This is the largest market for games in the world, so they will definitely try to allocate a good portion of stock here. Let's say that half that hypothetical 3mil is here, so 1.5mil. You honestly believe that more that about half the people that purchase a PS4 or X1 are getting Madden? Let's not forget, I inflated these numbers for best case.

It's not happening. I'm not saying that the decline is solely a reflection of Madden 25's quality, or that there won't be Madden 25 next gen purchases, but if you think that every single person that buys a PS4 or X1 in the US is getting Madden, which is basically what would need to happen just to match last year's numbers, then I don't know what to say other than go check yourself in for inpatient therapy right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »