Home

Draft classes

This is a discussion on Draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Draft classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChipWeTrust8600
can people please, for the love of god stop throwing the word broke or broken around so much.theres a difference between bugged and broken.
Right, and the imported draft classes are broken, not bugged.

Draft classes repeating is a bug, every imported player dropping 20+ points on the in-game depth charts because of zeros in 4 essential stats plus Toughness is a broken algorithm.

Please elaborate if I'm missing something.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
While I am seeing the 0's in the run block and pass block footwork traits, I'm NOT seeing the 0 in toughness. Just those 4 added blocking ratings. I drafted a RT in the 6th round (forget his name) who was rated a 70 in both the roster screen and depth chart screen in Connected Franchise.

In the "in game" depth chart, he was rated 78. So obviously these 0's don't affect the player's overall as much as you stated in your last post. It doesn't make a 73 rated player a 53 in game. My drafted RT went UP overall in game.
I stated that that was my experience with a LG I drafted, I didn't say it would drop every player 20 points across the board. So obviously it affects every player differently. Schemes are taken into account and all that noise, also. The point is, I don't want other people to waste a season playing until they patch this.

I would have liked a head sup about this. A week of my life I won't get back, lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalWisdom
The imported classes are broken. In Madden they brought back run block strength, run block footwork, pass block strength and pass block footwork. However, those traits only show on the Main menu depth charts and in game depth charts, but NOT in the CFM team management depth chart or roster. When a rookie is drafted, check his in game ratings... You'll find that all rookies regardless of position have a zero in all four run and pass block traits AND a zero in the toughness trait.

Useless.
I noticed this and posted during the Early Release but after further investigation all of my offensive lineman had zero's in those fields. Have you found any existing lineman with a Block Strength or Footwork field?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lass-bugs.html
Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #20
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
The imported classes are broken. In Madden they brought back run block strength, run block footwork, pass block strength and pass block footwork. However, those traits only show on the Main menu depth charts and in game depth charts, but NOT in the CFM team management depth chart or roster. When a rookie is drafted, check his in game ratings... You'll find that all rookies regardless of position have a zero in all four run and pass block traits AND a zero in the toughness trait.

Useless.
Josh Looman said last year that those run strength and footwork ratings are pure aesthetic. They couldn't figure out how to integrate them so their not using them. OL coming in from Ncaa have that at zero but it doesn't have any bearing on their rating. It'll probably be used on next gen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
So which is the best way to go: Generated draft classes or Imported draft classes?

I'm seeing that some of the generated classes are a bit wonky, with really slow DBs. But people are also complaining that the imported classes are a bit heavy on QBs.

I'm really enjoying NCAA this year, so I'm leaning toward using imported classes (with auto-generated names).
i honestly am falling in love with the generated draft class storylines highly addicting and makes your franchise "personal" almost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearPalsy
I noticed this and posted during the Early Release but after further investigation all of my offensive lineman had zero's in those fields. Have you found any existing lineman with a Block Strength or Footwork field?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lass-bugs.html
Yes, every player in every depth chart I've checked has ratings there, I'll snap a picture when I start the game up in a bit.

I even simulated an entire season without importing the classes and the drafted rookies didn't have a single zero in the ratings.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Josh Looman said last year that those run strength and footwork ratings are pure aesthetic. They couldn't figure out how to integrate them so their not using them. OL coming in from Ncaa have that at zero but it doesn't have any bearing on their rating. It'll probably be used on next gen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
What good are the in-game depth chart ratings then if some of them count and some don't?

Such a love/hate relationship with this game.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #24
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
What good are the in-game depth chart ratings then if some of them count and some don't?

Such a love/hate relationship with this game.
They never could find a way to account for them. When they first introduced all these new ratings they were for show. Even Ian said that on the initial implementation. Once they start putting them to use those run/pass strength and footwork they never could figure out how to make them work. So they just never took them out. I don't get why people are mad at something that never did anything in the first place. And they were told that.z

Sent from my SPH-L710

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »