Home

Draft classes

This is a discussion on Draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #33
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Draft classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by swenk16
I disagree. If your fast, your just fast. I understand it probably needs to be toned down for rookies coming in to keep them from being "dominant" but a guy that runs a 4.2 40, still runs a 4.2 40. It doesn't automatically become a 4.5 40 because he's in the NFL now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
I tend to agree. EA should be nuking attributes like awareness, man coverage, zone coverage, and play recognition for defensive backs. Nuke ball carrier vision, awareness, etc for running backs. Not physical attributes. Those should pretty much carry over 1:1 from NCAA Football 14, with maybe a small -1 penalty to some positions. Look at guys like Stanford Routt in the real NFL. Had 4.2 speed but he couldn't stick anywhere very long because he couldn't cover his man. Happens all the time.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #34
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Yea they no doubt dropped the ball on the ratings transfer. The raw athleticism gets neutered whereas skill doesn't. It's backwards.

OL come out with 90+ RBK & PBK while QB's have throw power with wild ranges from 82-91 or something like that. No joke Teddy B had 82 in the 1st try and then 91 in the 2nd try. That range is ridiculous

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Easy and obvious solution...

Have awareness and Play recognition act as a modifier on the athletic ratings, so while it shows 98 speed/agl/acc, his 46 awr will make him actually run something like 90 until he progresses. Can apply to all positions..

This will simulate rookies adjusting to the speed of the game, and avoid having to artificially slow them down. They would also have to make it more difficult to get to 80 awareness.

It would allow them to keep full athletic attributes on special teams, and simple assignments like running a deep pattern to stretch the defense(full speed, poor ball tracking).

Sound about right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sounds wrong to me. Fast is fast. Awareness should affect awareness, not tied together. Just get the game to account for mental attributes so that you don't have to alter physical attributes to get the result they want. Same goes both ways; sometimes they make real players faster than they should be to help them dominate.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

All the needed to do was change up the transfer reductions. Speed needs to be between 1-5 points. So a 99 speed WR in NCAA would be 94-98 in Madden. Same with other physical ratings. The skills need to be like 5-20 points. A 95 MCV DB would have 75-90 MCV

Instead you can lose like 10 points on speed and rarely lose more than 10 on physical skills. That's the issue. They just dropped the ball.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #38
Rookie

saynt614's Arena

OVR: 0

I used this guys, pretty simple instructions.

Clowney is an 83 overall rating in my game... but thats all i have scouted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ses-360-a.html

Imported makes it more fun imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »