Home

Owner mode is broken. I did some testing, check it out.

This is a discussion on Owner mode is broken. I did some testing, check it out. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #17
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Owner mode is broken. I did some testing, check it out.

Is EA aware of this?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

So, all in all....if you're offline..play as a coach, not an owner and you won't have these issues?

Just asking cuz ill be starting a ccm in the morning.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #19
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think overalls matter to be honest... I'm a strong believe in attributes. I'm an online league last year {SFL; which is fan through here btw} I had the Bills and cut Ryan Fitzpatrick and signed Aaron Corp {63 OVR} and was robbed of an MVP by throwing for 4800 yards with 51 TD's and 14 INT's, in the most competitive (and legitally sim) OL.

He had an 81 Throw Power with a 86 Short Accuracy, 79 medium and 76 deep.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #20
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Is EA aware of this?
I tweeted it to Josh Looman about a week ago. Didn't get a response, so I don't know if he read it.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I have to disagree with the advice to avoid owner mode because of this problem.

Overall for user teams is meaningless; it makes little sense to miss out on owner mode features because of a meaningless number.

Now if owner mode causes issues with schemes for AI controlled teams that would be a big problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

It certainly is a convenience being able to see right away which players are better suited for your system. But I have also heard if players match your scheme they gain a little bit more XP for reaching goals. Not sure if that is true or not. There is no excuse for this to not work, it sounds like it works in Online Owner mode but I don't want to play that you can't have backup saves.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Seems like something that could and should be corrected in the first major patch. My only concern with these issues are that next-gen is taking up such a key effort from the developers that current-gen improvements. I really hope that isn't the case.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm in an offline owner mode with the Cowboys and I can confirm that they overalls definately do change with scheme changes and it's completely broken in a bunch of different places.

I started with Jason Garrett in year 1, and Jimmy Johnson in year 2 and both years my defense stayed a 4-3 and I had no issues. Year 3 after JJ retired I signed Andy Reid because he also ran a 4-3, but for some reason all the defensive ratings changed for my players and I couldn't fix it. Nick Fairley was rated a 57, Demarcus Ware was rated a 77, and I confirmed it by going to depth chart and seeing Ware was listed as a 99 at OLB. This was infuriating because my scheme was still attacking 4-3 and I had pass rushers and speed rushers on the line.

I really don't like when it skews with the ratings that bad and you can't change it, if there is another rookie DT that fits your scheme that is a 82 right now you wouldn't know the difference unless you took the time to look at all the ratings every time. That's what makes it so frustrating, it isn't just your team your not viewing correctly it's all players. It also shouldn't be that way for other coaches but it is. I tried to sign Mike Tomlin who ran a 3-4, and he also viewed my entire defense as a 3-4. That's fine to start, but why would you pigeon hole my ratings like that even when I choose to run a 4-3 in my scheme?

The ratings also move and hover around way too much. Week to week, season to season, game to game, depth chart to rosters, it just has you bouncing all over the place. They did a good thing introducing scheme but it's influencing the overalls too heavily which is a huge pain in the *** when you can't switch it back. I also think I should still be able to sign coordinators in Owner mode, that IMO is the reason for this problem. It's like Madden is afraid to get too deep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »