Home

Some rating questions

This is a discussion on Some rating questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Some rating questions

Okay, two things:

1) I noticed they have a 'personality' rating now? What does that even mean?

2) Okay, so there's short pass accuracy, medium, and deep,...BUT there's a general THA rating as well....WHY??? I don't get it guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Re: Some rating questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Okay, two things:

1) I noticed they have a 'personality' rating now? What does that even mean?

2) Okay, so there's short pass accuracy, medium, and deep,...BUT there's a general THA rating as well....WHY??? I don't get it guys.
personality plays it part for Jersey sales. Every NFL team has players on their roster that are loved and adored by fans, and in Madden NFL 25 that is expressed in terms of a popularity rating. For instance, Tom Brady is easily one of the most popular and identifiable players in the league, so his popularity rating tops the scales at a 99. Other top players include Robert Griffin III (99), Colin Kaepernick (95), Russell Wilson (93) and Patrick Willis (91).

THA is all combined. Don't know why you can increase it with your xp tbh
Old 09-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Personality is basically a measurement of how much fans in general like a player. Players with high personality will sell more jerseys, so it's really not that important unless you're playing Owner mode CFM, and even then it's not a big deal.

As far as the passing accuracy ratings, as near as I can tell, the TAC rating has an impact on QB performance in simmed games, whereas short, medium, and deep have an impact on a QB's accuracy in games you actually play.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verek
Personality is basically a measurement of how much fans in general like a player. Players with high personality will sell more jerseys, so it's really not that important unless you're playing Owner mode CFM, and even then it's not a big deal.

As far as the passing accuracy ratings, as near as I can tell, the TAC rating has an impact on QB performance in simmed games, whereas short, medium, and deep have an impact on a QB's accuracy in games you actually play.
This is correct. THA only affects simmed games.

And the "personality" rating is poorly implemented. Or rather the logic that goes into the rating is flawed. Example: Tom Brady is popular because he is one of the all time greats and plays on a popular team, not because he has a winning personality. Small nitpick though
Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Personality seems linked to Star development players in the draft as most of the Star development players have high Personality
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
Personality seems linked to Star development players in the draft as most of the Star development players have high Personality
I don't think there's any link at all between Personality and the development trait. Sam Delagarza, a mobile QB who is in the Eli Watson/Nick Obregon draft class I believe, starts with Slow development and has 95 personality. While he was backing up Terrelle Pryor, he was selling more jerseys than anyone else on the team, even though TP won NFL MVP twice in a row.

ShelDon Atoe, a RB in the Lincoln Holmes draft class, also had a personality of like 91, despite only beginning with the Average development trait.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Quote:
I don't think there's any link at all between Personality and the development trait. Sam Delagarza, a mobile QB who is in the Eli Watson/Nick Obregon draft class I believe, starts with Slow development and has 95 personality. While he was backing up Terrelle Pryor, he was selling more jerseys than anyone else on the team, even though TP won NFL MVP twice in a row.

ShelDon Atoe, a RB in the Lincoln Holmes draft class, also had a personality of like 91, despite only beginning with the Average development trait.
In my current draft class 5/5 of the Star have high personality and one Star has low personality but is predicted 7th round. Will be others with 90+ but good way to narrow it down.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

this is only partly true, EA had a facebook or twitter poll to have the winning QB go up by 1 or be 99 THA -Brady won one or two years ago- but it's usually a combo of all 3 throwing accuracy attributes (SAC, MAC & DAC).
Down the latter 3 on any QB in editing and you'll see the THA change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »