Home

Question about re-signing players

This is a discussion on Question about re-signing players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Question about re-signing players

I've done that too. The CPU doesn't manage the cap well and as a result makes questionable cuts.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Rookie

Firestarter333's Arena

this year you have to give them a good size bonus in order for them to sign unlike last few years where you could only give them a base salary. I had a WR wanting 3 years $6 Million and i offered him $11M but with no bonus & he declined, i turned around and offered him $4M base salary with $2M bonus ($6M total) and he accepted.

I really hate that they did this and give us no way of knowing how it works or what the player is interested in other than the "negotiating" status & expected contract terms.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfdwill
@MuchToLearn It shows under the amount that that you're offering.
@truffleshuffle What was your w/l record?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4
Sorry about not getting back to you guys on this post. I moved into a new apartment my complex is remodeling and I moved into one that was remodeled but for some reason the phone and internet wires were not connected and it took about 4 weeks to get everything fixed. Any way I don't remember my exact w/l but I made the post season because of that defense. I am glad I franchised him though because the next season he made 24 sacks. I was able to resign him I made it a priority during the season right off the bat and got him with what was asking for. I also had a third string WR who I used a lot turn me down and was asking a crap ton. I decided to let him go and I drafted a guy in the late rounds that turned out was pretty good and could have gone probably in the first or second rounds. He was picked up and let go in preseason so I actually got him back for basically nothing as a backup again although I cut him too after the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #12
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestarter333
this year you have to give them a good size bonus in order for them to sign unlike last few years where you could only give them a base salary. I had a WR wanting 3 years $6 Million and i offered him $11M but with no bonus & he declined, i turned around and offered him $4M base salary with $2M bonus ($6M total) and he accepted.

I really hate that they did this and give us no way of knowing how it works or what the player is interested in other than the "negotiating" status & expected contract terms.

This....

A big bonus is the way to go. As long as it's a player you really like and is young enough not to decline during his contract, give him a fat bonus and cut down on the yearly cap cost a little.

I've been able to offer less total money for several guys as long as the bonus was big. Not planning on cutting my favorite guys, so I'm willing to take the risk.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #13
Banned

What was your w/l record?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #14
Banned

What was your w/l record?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #15
Banned

I agree with that assessment.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »