Home

Why Madden Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Why Madden Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why Madden Next Gen?

if u want buy madden this gen good for u and if u want wait till next gen good for u

for me i been playing madden on xbox 360 since the 360 came out till they screw me over and i just got a ps3 right now i got like no friends
so im waiting for next gen madden

some my xbox buddies going follow me to ps4 and when that time comes we will start on online franchise and our online community for team play

im not getting madden 25 till next gen this my reason everyone got there own reason

1 i can buy games that right now not going be on ps4 so i can play them enjoy them and beat them instead waste time buying madden and knowing this game going be on next gen

2 here my ps3 games i getting KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX , GTA 5, beyound two souls these 3 games going keep me busy till ps4 come out

instead waste 60 bucks and time playign madden that nothign really change u still tossing football around and dont get me wrong i love football even madden problem i buy madden every year to join a money league
i enjoy where the franchise mode going and looking forward to stuff but i still wish they put more time working on gameplay but it is what it is ill buy madden when ps4 pro going pre order madden 25 next time i go to bestbuy

Last edited by darkxsacrificex; 09-09-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

You make great points OP but to answer the question, if someone is going to purchase a Madden, they just as well purchase the most upgraded version, if possible. I seriously doubt next gen M25 game play will be that much more realistic than current but it would be nice to see interactive sidelines, smoother movement and improved generic AI.

Giving something a superficial makeover certainly doesn't make it fundamentally different but it can make it easier on the eyes, at least for awhile. So even though Tiburon is likely still putting that same "pig" on display next gen, at least they're adding more make up and accessories to go with the lipstick, lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

For me it's because I can still enjoy Madden despite flaws and I pretty much always get a FB game with new consoles when available. New system time and new FB time is always exciting for me.

So since there's a new version coming I didn't feel the need to grab one for the 360/PS3. I can wait.
It's a hobby and not a life/death thing for me.

I'll continue to post my thoughts/complaints on the game where I feel it needs improvement but I will still enjoy the game as much as I can.

Like I said, it's a hobby.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-09-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

At this point im not excited about Madden on next gen but I am very curious about it, not expecting to much besides for the upgrade in graphics but for me at this point that will be enough for me the first year. Im just tired of how Madden looks on current gen.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

I think we are just in for more of the same on next gen. I dont think EA believes theres anything wrong with the current product.

Why should they spend a bunch of moeny changing anything when the game they produce is a cultural icon???
Old 09-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Who is to say that Madden 25 for Xbox One won't be like Madden 06 for the 360. That game was terrible despite the update technology, etc.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I think a lot of people (myself included) look at it like EA messed up with their decisions early on this generation, and weren't able to recover. By most accounts, developers are much more prepared for next-gen than they were for this one.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Who is to say that Madden 25 for Xbox One won't be like Madden 06 for the 360. That game was terrible despite the update technology, etc.
This has been covered before...
Because from what we know so far EA has been working on NG for a good while and they said they aren't making that mistake again.
So while I would hope they have learned a lesson we'll know for sure soon enough.
We've already been told it's not bare bones and will have everything currently in current gen.

There also (I believe) have been some outside people who have seen it and say it's nothing like '06 this time.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »