Home

Why Madden Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Why Madden Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #49
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why Madden Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I believe people like him is the basic fan base that Madden caters to. What's wrong with that? Knowing who plays your games is number one when creating. Your everyday joe gamer could care less about sim football because he is buying a video game.

People here on OS need to realize that we are the minority to EA. They don't make money from us. That's why marketing a specific feature is huge to them. If marketing can't figure out how to market a feature to the joe gamer, it's not going to make it in the final product.

EAs first job is to make money. Who can fault them on that? They employ thousands of employees and would like to not have to have layoffs.
This is a BS reasoning to me, NBA 2K, PES, Fiifa, NHL, and MLB The Show all are deeper more sim games than Madden and those games are doing well. The Madden team is just lazy and taking full advantage of their exclusive NFL license by not doing jack crap with the game.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Madden next gen will be the same game with a paint job. maybe a few gimmick features thrown in. I already watched them remove awesome looking helmet shine, fleck, and visor reflection that madden 12 had. I guess this was to make Madden 25 next gen look even better. Very sad.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5

Its such a shame that Madden has been left behind in advancements just because it is the only NFL game there is. This game is at least 5-7 years behind other sports titles. things like the wind meter pointing the wrong way (the 3rd straight year for that) , the money plays, and the terrible sim engine(how hard is it to get decent stats???) should show everyone that EA and Tiburon are doing the least possible minimum they can with this game to keep selling it every year.

Why anyone would expect this to change on the next console, I dont know. They arent using the full potential of the current console....why do people think they are going to use the full potential of a brand new console???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
This is a BS reasoning to me, NBA 2K, PES, Fiifa, NHL, and MLB The Show all are deeper more sim games than Madden and those games are doing well. The Madden team is just lazy and taking full advantage of their exclusive NFL license by not doing jack crap with the game.
I can't say anything about FIFA or PES because I don't play them, but NBA 2k is far from sim basketball. Hopefully on the XBO/PS4 both games will have a substantial leap in terms of realism.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12

The most Madden I played on 360 was Madden '06, the first version. It was a pared-down, feature-removed version of the prior XBOX versions, but I played it a ton. I remember struggling with my awful Raiders, unable to find a QB that was serviceable (ended up with Drew Bledsoe from the FA pool), Randy Moss refused to resign secondary to my awful QB play so I reluctantly traded him to the Broncos (sounds like a bad idea but they gave me Champ in return), and Cadillac Williams was good in those days.... Ahh.. I think I never played more than 2 seasons on any other 360 Madden besides 06.

I think the reason people are excited about Next Gen and the reason that Madden '25 next gen will probably once again be the Madden I play the most is that it's new. It's going to have new graphics, the engine will be built for the new consoles, and ultimately it will just feel different than all of the 360 Maddens. It may not even have all the features and may feel pared down but I think more than anything it will just seem different, unlike all of the Maddens since '06 which seem like tweaked versions of one another.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #54
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I can't say anything about FIFA or PES because I don't play them, but NBA 2k is far from sim basketball. Hopefully on the XBO/PS4 both games will have a substantial leap in terms of realism.
What NBA game has been more realistic in your opinion?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 2

WOW, EA is just like our politicians, they simply do not listen to their prospective buyers. They only care about money. Some market researcher gathers information about whom will play this game the most. It tells them young people, online people, Kids who care less about stats, realism, thumb jockey's that just want to beat a team 100 to 3 just to make them feel good about themselves and of course pretty graphics.. They could care less about true gamers. Then of course, they are changing engines, a new format, this will be there last Madden game for the ps3.. Do you really think they were going to go all out and make it better.. No they want to force you into buying the new system, more money. Plus owning a monopoly on FB gaming. Why should they make an effort. Take it or leave it. you have no choice if you want a FB video game.

DO you really want to change the game and how it is made. Then don't bother to contact EA.. Everyone should write a letter to John Madden. It's his name on the line. He is a class person, Do you think he would really want his name associated with a horrible product. ???? I am pretty sure the only feedback he gets is what EA wants him to get..

Ea is lazy, and when you own a monopoly, you can be. Until the NFL wises up, and grants the rights to other competition, nothing will ever change. because it simply don't have to.

Then look at MLB the show, The greatest sports game ever produced in my opinion. It is an amazing game, with unlimited human adjustments. There is nothing you can not do with it. Sim, play, coach, combination of all, jump in, jump out, sliders adjustment that truly make a huge difference. Great graphics, total camera control. It is a game that gives the player complete and total control over anything and everything. And yet plays great fundamental bb. Every year it improves, they never take any great features away , they just improve on fundamental play and add a feature here and there. This is a company that listens to it prospective buyers and gives the thumb jockey's, the on liner's, the Coaches only, the kids that just want a BB game and the serious sim and stat people the options to enjoy which ever they need.

So please don't stand there and defend EA and say it just can't be done, and don't say well FB is different. It is not. And if you think that the PS4 will make Madden any better, then I believe you are wrong, But if you are right, Then EA has cheated many of us out of 60 dollars when they could have made a different game. If it is better on the PS4$, that proves to me, for EA, it's only about the money, not quality, and no concern for it's customers that might not be able to afford a new system. But where money and profit is concerned, quality takes a back seat and people wants and needs simply don't matter.. If i own the only Hotdog stand on the street, and you want a hotdog. Your gonna buy it, stale buns, cheap dogs, and no mustard.. Just eat it and enjoy it.. Don't complain to me, I'm not gonna listen. Go somewhere else and get one. OOOOps, forgot. You can't.. LOL .Nuff said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #56
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I think that the main point being made was that Madden is behind them on a technological level. All those games offer way more and they are all released yearly, some even from the same company. All have their own flaws but they all offer enough to keep their audiences happy.

FIFA is regressing however. All I hear about are people complaining about the lack of advancements, the hollow career modes etc. etc. it is save however through very fun and engaging head to head play and fun 11vs11 play.
Madden's online play doesn't even satisfy the people who only play it. It's unreliable and full of BS. Even cheesers who make YouTube vid of their online exploits are angry at the BS that goes on 'the blocking is a joke! How did he miss that int? ****ing nano blitzes! C'mon WR you gotta fight for that ball! What a bitch rolling out right and throwing across his body like that. Etc. etc.'

The fact is, and it's said ad nauseum. People play sports games out of interest in that particular sport. What they see on that field is what they want to see replicated in that game. People don't enjoy being able to use one play to move up the field because its 'money' they enjoy winning and they utilise what is given to them to achieve that.

Tourney, cheese, casuals etc. will adapt and enjoy a completely sim game because it would be just like what they see on Sundays.

All sports games Devs need to do is try and recreate what happens on and off the field with regards to the sport they are recreating. When games do that, or gamers get the impression that that is what the developers are attempting to do, they lap it up and buy the game in droves. The sooner EA learn that (especially Tiburon) the better.

(Sorry I blended my comment with my response to yours lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »