Home

Why Madden Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Why Madden Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Why Madden Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
And finally after reading these post over and over, I am surprised that the majority of those that are so excited about Madden the next gen.. are mostly excited about BETTER GRAPHICS. Hardly anyone seems concerned about fundamental game play. And I honestly feel that most of you really don't expect it. It seems to me it's all about the pretty wrapping paper and not the gift inside. Which tells me the majority are most likely a younger group, 25 and younger, thumb jockey's, and ON LINERS. I guess it's true, Give a kid a big present in a big box, and he'd rather play with the box. What really upsets me the most is, I honestly believe this is exactly how EA looks at it. I really really hope I am wrong. I would love to be wrong and eat crow all day. I hope the next gen is our FB savior. I won't be the Ginny pig I have been anymore. I'll let you all spend the money, You do all the testing, and if you give it a thumb's up, no pun intended. I will save every penny I have to play a real fundamental, FB video game. So good luck to all..
Have you ever considered that for many of us, we have a wife and kids, a career, and a busy life? I fought the good fight like you and tried to make people see my ways, but then I realized that it's just a GAME and it will never replicate real life like I wish it would.

It's a hobby. I want to sit down and escape reality when I play. None of it is real. It's never going to be real.

It is a game. That's all it is and ever has been. I wish they put out a better game. I wish they could fix the simulation engine and fix many gameplay issues. But at the end of the day, it's just a damn game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
And finally after reading these post over and over, I am surprised that the majority of those that are so excited about Madden the next gen.. are mostly excited about BETTER GRAPHICS. Hardly anyone seems concerned about fundamental game play. And I honestly feel that most of you really don't expect it. It seems to me it's all about the pretty wrapping paper and not the gift inside. Which tells me the majority are most likely a younger group, 25 and younger, thumb jockey's, and ON LINERS. I guess it's true, Give a kid a big present in a big box, and he'd rather play with the box. What really upsets me the most is, I honestly believe this is exactly how EA looks at it. I really really hope I am wrong. I would love to be wrong and eat crow all day. I hope the next gen is our FB savior. I won't be the Ginny pig I have been anymore. I'll let you all spend the money, You do all the testing, and if you give it a thumb's up, no pun intended. I will save every penny I have to play a real fundamental, FB video game. So good luck to all..
Cleve, you know I'm not a young pup. Haven't seen you around since the HH days over at SimCentral. And if memory serves me right, you are a manage mode/coach mode guy.

Here is a thread started by one of the testers that I used to test with at football geeks. I tested with him on PC in the mid 2000's. What I learned then and hasn't changed much is that the stat engine is whack.

Not to derail the thread anymore, enjoy!

PS-Better Graphics?? Look at HH. lol

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ider-test.html

Last edited by roadman; 09-11-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #67
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

if they revamp their presentation, and incorporate at least basic principals im in. I dont even need a halftime show or anything crazy, just to not feel like week 7 of franchise is an exhibition game.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 2

Hey ROADMAN. Good to hear from you. Man it's been a long time.. GOD, I loved HH, it had so much potential. Had so much fun with the beta testing and mods. But I am a MLB SHOW man now. IMO the greatest sports game ever produced. Now talk about excitement. This is one game I look forward to every year. It has never let me down. I guess I get a little over passionate about Madden or my games, But in reality, 12 said it best. At the end of the day, It's a hobby, and just a game..

FBgeeks. You sure are jarring the memory bank here. And yes, I am still a manage mode / coach mode guy. I'm too dam old to thumb jockey and I guess it's to much to hope that someone would build a realistic fundamental FB video game for us old timers. Young people do not have the time to concern themselves with stats, or everything that goes into building and continuing a franchise. They just want to play, But thanks for the link, I'll check that out.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #69
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Why Madden Next Gen? What else would any sane person do? Maybe I don't understand the question.

Scenario 1: You love Madden as is and you are getting a PS4 or X1. Worst case scenario, Madden on next gen is the same game with better graphics and costs the same price. Why would you get current gen. Best case, it's a different game with better graphics. Why would you get current gen?

Scenario 2: You hate Madden. Why wait for next gen? So you can make fun of it when it is eventually released and it's the same game with prettier graphics.

Scenario 3: You don't like Madden, but you love Football Videogames and you hope that the new hardware makes all the difference in the world. Worst case. Madden next gen is the same as current gen with prettier graphics. You make your own bed about whether you want to buy it or not and accept that. Best case. The hardware makes all the difference and Madden is actually a sim game with prettier graphics. You knock down old ladies and children on line to grab a copy of the game.

There is no scenario where current gen Madden is relevant if you are actually getting a PS4 or X1. Regardless of what side of the fence you sit, or what your beliefs are, or whether Tiburon is truly capable of delivering anything resembling a great Football game, the fact of the matter is, if we are being honest, it's a given that current gen is not it. Will next gen be it? Doesn't look good, but that's still better than a definite no, which is what you have with current gen.

So to answer the question, Why Madden Next Gen? Simple. Because there is nothing else...
Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #70
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope Next-Gen has a true coach mode. If not, I won't even consider buying it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #71
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Let's speak candidly here...this thread was created as a thinly-veiled, passive aggressive way of saying 'EA Sucks & you're a sucker if you wait for the next-gen version of Madden';the participants just followed the lead of the original post.

Now that we're done beating around the bush in a shameful attempt to avoid 'infractions', lets talk like men...

I'm waiting for next-gen Madden because current-gen Madden sucks, and a small (maybe naive) part of me believes that next-gen Madden will suck a little bit less thanks to all of the new technology EA has at their disposal.

It's not that hard to figure out...
Actually I took it to mean "Why wait to get NG Madden?" Nothing more nothing less.
However that's what's wrong with OS these days is every thread is twisted around to fit the needs of certain people... and then the thread in bombarded with hate etc......

Which led to my decision to just leave it alone and move on.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 09-11-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: moncler ou

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyi8qyg7g2
All the way downstairs she felt shorter than she had ever felt in her life.He found her meekness almost as disconcerting as her pride.Inspector 'lowed last trip we'd sure be a gettin' mail twice a week at Flag next summer.She was not grateful.You must tell Dinny at once what you?ve done.Poisonous young brute!?Can you see me?The big fellow already showed signs of returning consciousness,moncler outlet, and,moncler donna, by the time they had tied his arms,moncler milano, he was able to struggle to his feet.But I warn you that a doubt must remain.Then,moncler 2014, with his eyes on the vast sweep of forest-clad hills and valleys,piumini moncler, over which the blue haze was fast changing to purple in the level rays of the sun,moncler baby, Young Matt spoke.not altogether of sound mind.
What? Am I missing something about Madden in this post?
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
NCAAF: Florida State Seminoles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »