Home

What's your top 5 most important Positions in the game?

This is a discussion on What's your top 5 most important Positions in the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What's your top 5 most important Positions in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfbshnwen
Have you played with an elite WR or TE yet?
Elite WR's like Calvin Johnson are gamechangers in Madden. They can also be taken away by smart players. Would much rather have a good O-line, solid HB, and average WR's than just 1 elite WR.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Elite WR's like Calvin Johnson are gamechangers in Madden. They can also be taken away by smart players. Would much rather have a good O-line, solid HB, and average WR's than just 1 elite WR.
I certainly agree with that, but 1 elite WR beats any of them individually.
A good Oline is more important than an elite WR, but an elite WR is more important than a good center or guard.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

1) CB
2) CB
3) CB
4) CB
5) the rest (safeties?)

Sounds like a joke right? Unfortunately not :P I love to have at least 4 really good CBs to make a shut down D, which makes it really hard for the opponent usually. Especially when you take the lead and start forcing them to throw the ball, and the coverage sacks/forced interceptions begins taking over. It also allows me to put a CB on a elite receiver TE if needed. With the running game stronger this year though, my opinion may change.. we'll see
Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
How do you take them away? Clearly, I'm not a smart player.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is just from what I've experienced playing with 2 different fantasy drafted teams, and most of that with one of them:

MLB
OL
OLB
WR
DT

Kuechly is all over the place and shuts down the middle of the field more often than not. I've had a decent OL and a really good one and there's no comparison. I've found it useful to have guys like Mingo and Irvin attacking regardless of 34 or 43. I didn't think there was much difference in WRs until Julio went down and I couldn't pass consistently. I don't find the inside pass rush overpowered like in 12, however rolling Raji/Fairley I can generate a pass rush while making it difficult to run inside.

So far my least important position is RB. I've found Bryce Brown to be at or above Trent Richardsons level in my games. Brown has more of a burst and makes guys miss while Richardson does better against stacked lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »