Home

So now that there won't be a new NCCA game..

This is a discussion on So now that there won't be a new NCCA game.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
So now that there won't be a new NCCA game..

... can we get the NCAA team to incorporate a lot of what made that game different and fun into Madden?

- Some NFL teams have mascots, but there aren't any in Madden.

- The HFA [Home Field Advantage] feature was nice, and could be turned off for those who don't like it. Not every team in the NCAA game had HFA effects, and neither would every NFL team, however, the Chiefs and Seahawks come to mind right away. In NCAA, if youlooked at the coach cam [to see the play art] the routes would wiggle and some would have a question mark above them and not show you the route. Also, I think you couldn't hot route those players either. There were also animations for your team mates not being able to hear you and false stats were more common. The visual effects of a shaky camera pre-snap and everything was really nice. You could also take the crowd out of the game by playing well and racking up points, but in a close game and big situations like 3rd down, it got more intense. Watching the my 49ers fall apart in Seattle last year and earlier this makes this ever more apparent how nice it would be to have in Madden.

- Mass substitutions. This is good for blow outs. You want to bench all of your starters with the push of a button and not having to do each player individually.

- How NCAA handles the no-huddle/hurry up offense. How the Broncos and Pats play football.Well, maybe not the pats so much this year, but over the last two years for sure. In fact, it was big deal in NCAA 11 that teams play more and more like themselves.

I am sure there are more things I am forgetting, but the excuse in the past for Madden not getting these updates/improvements was because they wanted to he two games to feel a bit different, and that some of the stuff in NCAA isn't as common in the NFL. Well, no more excuses EA. You are only making one football game for now on. Let's go!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: So now that there won't be a new NCCA game..

There's a thread not too far back with a similar title and the same premise. Please use that one.

Sorry, can't link from my phone.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »