Home

Can't do it!

This is a discussion on Can't do it! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Can't do it!

I dunno know what to do, I either wanna wait for the PS4 version of madden or just skip it altogether.

This version of madden has gots to be the hottest garbage on the planet right now. I play primarily online and its just a bunch of non fundamental crap that goes on in this game that people get away with. It feels like im playing madden with Vick on the cover before we got defensive playmaker controls that following yr.

Contain is broken for me

Players running full sprint and throwing dots to the opposite side of the field across their shoulders

Players are still moving unrealistically

Make up speed is still in the game

Every QB plays the exact same regardless who they are

defense drops coverage the moment the QB takes off sprinting behind the LOS

Sprint is still tethered to defenders, the moment you hit the sprint button defenders start doing some weird things to make a play and that includes defenders hawking you down from across the other side of the field and are rated much slower than you are of all thing.

I dunno man, im down to stay in my online league and finish out the season and hope its done by PS4 launch but at this rate its just not fun playing this game online at all. Seems each yr my taste for this game dies more quickly than the yr before it. This is the first time ever, i have thought about giving up on madden this darn early after its release!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can't do it!

I feel your pain. I thrive off of human competition but online is pure garbage. I am not in a league as I don't have the daily time to commit to a game and I like to play on the days I am off when I get the chance. Every game involves the 49ers, Seahawks, Redskins, Eagles and everyone is using Chip Kelly's playbook and just lining up in the shotgun doing inside HB handoffs that the HB can easily cut against the grain and get outside on. Blitzes don't work and the line NEVER misses a block. 2 weeks later and I have a $60 coaster. And the same plays work over and over and over. The HB can get the handoff and literally read which way the pressure is coming from and run the other way, outrunning the line and LB's. This game is doo-doo.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

online has never been good in Madden if you're looking for realism, not sure why you'd expect it to change now
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 09-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Rookie

I guess it's too much in 2013 to expect a little realism online. I know it's been bad, but this is the absolute worst. It's getting worse as time goes on instead of getting better. Hell, this game is even bad playing with someone next to you at your house. Defense is completely non-existent. I may be in the minority, but I loved the vision cone because you had to look where you were throwing, the safety knew what you were looking at, and the QB's had different areas where they could throw based on their ratings. Ratings mean absolutely nothing in this game as the same playbooks will work just as well on different teams regardless of personnel.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

well even if u wait for madden on ps4 I doubt online play is gonna change its been same since the ps2 days changing consoles wont matter I mean look at 25 on ps3 and 360.... ea stated ppl wont be able to keep running the same plays etc play after play.

but yet I keep seeing post on how ppl are just doing 4 and 5 wide sets throwing it up to same wr every play and he's not getting tired.

ea even stated the defense is suppose play better but yet vs cmp or human theirs always atleast 1 or 2 wr's open on every play... ppl picking the same run play over and over and getting 7-10 yards every run.

ea needs to do something new codes... or else were all in for same thing when new consoles drop.... I BET anything when they do come out in November come back here and I bet you'll see same complaints with those as u do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Rookie

fletcher2332's Arena

OVR: 3

Why make another countless thread? Just put on your big boy pants and make a decision.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Except the game will be prettier and have more sponsors in it..... That's about all the game is good for. As far as realism, forget about it.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
Rookie

"Why make another countless thread? Just put on your big boy pants and make a decision."

This is a discussion forum, right???
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »