Home

Which Stats are correct?

This is a discussion on Which Stats are correct? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Which Stats are correct?

So, I see one set of stats on my Roster/Depth Chart under Roster Management.

I think, okay, I just drafted a rookie QB who is a 78. Not bad for a backup. My QB is a 90.

But then in game, I decide to swap out my HB to the slower power back, and I see that my QB is a 94. Curiously, I scroll the whole depth chart and see that I have much lower OVR players in higher positions on the depth chart. So, I take the long tedious task of writing down all positions and last names with their OVR to compare to my out of game depth chart.

Many of the numbers are a giant difference. One example is my MLB, he's a 74 on the menu Depth Chart, but in game Depth Chart has him as a 92. That nearly a 20 point difference.

Sure, he was my starter and played like a boss, so he was always playing like a 92...

Then we complete one season, next season starts. Pre-season is completed. I saved up XP from practice and the pre-season games. I decide to spend it after the first game of the season.

Somehow, on the Progress Players listing, my QB is a 92 OVR, but when I spend his points he goes down to an 88. My SS was a 97 (Tyvon Branch), and spending his points drop him to a 86.

So, I assume maybe it's the scheme. I matched my scheme to the QB, spent points again...same thing. He drops to an 86. Same with my SS.

So, I match scheme to them again, and this time auto-spend the points. They still drop.

So, now I have 3 different sets of stats for my players. One is the Depth Chart and Roster list.

The second is the In-game Depth Chart.

The third is the Progress/Upgrade Players list, which happens to match the OVR the player has under "Team Needs" as well.

Which one is correct? Which one should I rely on to choose my players. I do go into their stats and look for certain positions to have certain skills. Such as I like having my Safeties have a higher hit power.

But at a glance, the stats are so varied depending on where you look at them...I am literally lost as to what my team stats really are. Is my QB a 94 OVR like the in-game chart says? Or is he an 88 like my Roster list says? Or perhaps he is the 86 that the Progress list says?

I mostly understand schemes, and I know about cold streaks and such. But having 3 different OVR ratings at the exact same time in three different places? That confuses me.

I'd appreciate any help I can get with knowing/understanding which of these I should be looking at.

Also, one quick question. Is speed threshold broken?

I have Trindon Holliday as a Returner. The guy has a speed of 98 with an acceleration of 96. Yet I get run down by 68 speed Linebackers constantly. Nothing worse than a great blocking setup and some nice moves to the open and thinking you are about to score a Punt TD only to get run down by a slow linebacker....when you are one of the faster people in the NFL.

I watch Darren McFadden get run down by linemen...Suh chased him down and stopped him from a 30 yard TD twice in one game.

So, I lowered threshold a bit....put it at 25. Now it's worse. I watched Clay Matthews running side by side with Jacoby Ford....I put the threshol back to 50. Was afraid to make it higher.

The Raiders have a lot of speed, that's sort of their thing...but it's apparently useless in Madden 25. Or am I missing something?

My 98 SPD 99 ACC HB that I drafted can't seem to get more than one yard. He just runs like he has weights on.

Is this a bug in the game, or a slider? I haven't really changed the sliders. I left them all at 50, except interceptions which I turned down to 20 for both because I thought that getting 6 per game per team was a little ridiculous.

Sorry for the long post, just really hoping someone can help out with these things.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which Stats are correct?

TMK the actual ratings are the same on all three pages but for one reason or another the OVR changes from page to page. Sometimes I wonder if the in game OVR gets rid of the simulation specific ratings and just uses game ratings...hmm.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Which Stats are correct?

Regarding speed threshold, to my knowledge it works correctly, but other things play a factor. The dive tackle may be too effective, also for WRs and HBs running routes RTR seems to matter. Difficulty also matters I think, if you re on all madden I believe the AI teams receive attribute bonuses.

How you control your player also plays a role. Using precision running slows him down, as does low stamina. You should also be smart with burst usage.

Bottom line, burners re not always going to burn slower guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »