Home

Is Madden 25 the best Madden Ever?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 25 the best Madden Ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
Banned

RonMexico92's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden 25 the best Madden Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Nope...the buttons still don't work on defense. Epic fail. When I press the triangle button or square button and the man I'm controlling actually does something then they'll be getting close...until then it's the same crap.
lol what are you talking about? maybe you need to put the skill level to rookie cuz I always get user deflections & interceptions all day.... It might be too hard for you, its def not the game.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Based solely on what is does on the field YES! But within the context of the era and overall polish, I'm waiting for a few more strides and improvements before making that statement.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Overall I say YES...but still lots of clean up work is needed on the tackling with the IGNITE engine...IMO this Madden is a very good effort but I need more of the following:

1. NFL atmosphere and presentation (i.e. realtime stat overlays and commentary)

2. More complete tackling animations nd less awkward flailing bodies around the ball.

3. better pass defense w/o having to make amyriad of indivoidual adjustments to each defensive set. DB AI is still very stupid at times.

4. Better more diverse playbooks

I know there are a lot more but thats all I can think of for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Being one of the gray beard pioneer players for the Madden franchise.....I can firmly attest overall, as a complete package yes this is without a doubt my favorite Madden game ever made.

1) The gameplay is far better than last gen. Honestly it is not even close anymore. I thought Madden 10 was almost there but was rough around the edges...M11 and 12 went backwards on the field. M13.....M13....anyway I am loving the buttery smooth running game and controls, the passing game is fun. And I am truly enjoying playing defense again. I finally....finally learned the sticks on the DL and understand how to either power move or finnese move (based on ratings) and get to the QB....it feels like a real trench war this year. I do not feel sucked into an animations. I feel the physical force of the DE or DT pushing, fighting and trying to get around or through the guy in front of me. Playing on slow enhances this as well....big time.

2) CFM - I am addicted. It is crack for me. I loooooove Love the XP system and developing my players. I love the scouting and story lines. I am finally feeling a more living and breathing virtual NFL. can it still be improved? Oh heck yeah...we still need more immersion. A ticker ala CBS NFL with stats and scores...why do we not have that in CFM? NCAA 14 has it down with the ticker and game breaks. Presentation as a whole is still lacking other sports games...but it has made progress on M25. Phill and Jim converse....a lot. I am very pleased with the play by play and color as hands down...it has never been better on any previous version of Madden.

3) Madden Share - Thank You!!!!! Classic Rosters.....hello!!!!! Thios is awesome and adds tons of replay value on top of a deep CFM mode.

4) Online Franchise - joining SOS has been awesome. Online Franchise is also a drug......when you have 32 mature owners, playing sim ball, being active, it does not get any better.

Yep.....Madden 25 is the best version yet. M10 and 12 were close....but never captured me like Madden 2005.

Madden 25 has me hook, line and sinker.

8.75/10
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
Rookie

stanimal032's Arena

OVR: 1

IMO, no. The defensive AI is horrendous. Offense is fun. The gameplay on the offensive side of the ball is great, and almost over-powered. However, when I am playing CCM as a Player and I cannot depend on ANYONE to make a legitimate read or play on the ball other than the guy that I am controlling, it's awful.

Sliders do a little bit to help the issue, but a game that doesn't perform well directly out of the box, IMO is broken. Sliders/Patches have made developers and testers lazy and we get crap like this that we're supposed to fix ourselves. Even then, it's questionable if it works or not. I've been playing since the SEGA Genesis days and there are versions on the PS2 that are still better than any they have put out recently. The AI was perfect on those games.

I still play Madden 06 a LOT.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

M25 has better gameplay elements than M12 but I would have to say that unless alot of issues are cleaned up , M12 satisfies me more.I can't stand sloppiness and the issues that are in '12 are able to be rectified.

I'm just talking what game I can tolerate the most right now .'08 for the PC I enjoyed and of course many last Gen titles and the only other good title this Gen would be '10.Non of these games I would play over '12 right now.M25 has the chance if they come up with a good patch that covers several well documented issues but we know how that can be.

'12 was the most error free release of the recent Maddens.It had the rain game glitch which was corrected fairly early.The other issues could be cleaned up with ratings edits.Being able to edit ratings in franchise goes far when tuning positions to play like they should.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

not even close. 05 is the best i've ever played. i've only played this and 10 on the ps3. 10 i think is better, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
Just started!

It's the best Madden ever and IMO plays the closest Madden's ever been to realistic American Football.

BUT, because it's so realistic, users can exploit that realism using the "video-gameness" of Madden.

Think about it. When a quarterback drops back, they do not have a birds eye view of the field like in Madden, complete with passing icons that show exactly when a receiver is open. When a running back runs the ball, they can not see a key block made on the opposite side of the field. Despite being one of the most dominant mobile QB's ever, Michael Vick and the Eagles will not run the exact same read option play fifteen times in a row, and all fifteen times give the ball to Michael Vick. But in Madden, you can.

The next step is to implement a first person mode similar to 2K5. The gameplay is absolutely perfect. But right now we're playing as if every user-controlled player has an IQ of 350 and eight sets of eyes all around their heads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »