Home

Anyone see the CPU miss a FG yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone see the CPU miss a FG yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone see the CPU miss a FG yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Boy
This is just great... why do people even buy this game? Serious question here.
Because people love the NFL.Believe me if there were any legitimate options,most people here would be playing the other game.I've been playing '12 mostly but am tempted to just go back to the nine year old game from the other company and stick with that.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

Supersim is really the only way to get realistic FG stats. I just wish you could watch the play in supersim like you can in NCAA.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Lol I've been playing madden for ten years. But how do you supersim? I've made every field goal and the CPU is a sure shot everytime
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

One of a long list of things on EA's TO DO list that needs to copy 2K's progress. 2k basketball games have a REAL TIME FT% option... you flip the RS to activate the free throw, and after that its automatic. Uses the players real time FT% to attempt at making the FT. This could be so easily added to Madden and make the game much more enjoyable.

Can you imagine the roller coaster of emotions that you'd feel being late in the game and drive the ball down the field but get stopped at the 25 and have to kick a FG and your inexperienced kicker hook a FG unexpectedly. Would be awesome.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

OVR: 0

I have seen them miss one but they are money inside the 50 for the most part its always been like that.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
MVP

I've seen the CPU miss a couple field goals about 45 yards out, but that was with a weak overall kicker in CCM.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
Rookie

Seen it once on a 50 yard+ FG

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
One of a long list of things on EA's TO DO list that needs to copy 2K's progress. 2k basketball games have a REAL TIME FT% option... you flip the RS to activate the free throw, and after that its automatic. Uses the players real time FT% to attempt at making the FT. This could be so easily added to Madden and make the game much more enjoyable.

Can you imagine the roller coaster of emotions that you'd feel being late in the game and drive the ball down the field but get stopped at the 25 and have to kick a FG and your inexperienced kicker hook a FG unexpectedly. Would be awesome.
That would be very cool, but much too progressive and cutting edge for EA to get their head around!

At the very least, we should be able to watch the simmed FG attempt as tdogg mentioned. Numerous NFL games come down to this critical kicking element and it's a shame it's so poorly represented in M25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »