Home

The Infinity/Ignite Engine is close to being a FAIL...

This is a discussion on The Infinity/Ignite Engine is close to being a FAIL... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Infinity/Ignite Engine is close to being a FAIL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I'm confused the OP has played Madden 25 next gen?
I know haha, just probably some little p***** off kid who can't afford next gen consoles.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

I don't like the infinity engine either, mainly because I don't feel like a player's size, strength and momentum matter as the engine claimed. It has some of Backbreaker's goofiness but with Madden's same repetitive animations like the annoying stiff arm where the ballcarrier carries the defender for 5 yards that happens way too much.

In Madden 13 I saw Wes Welker truck defenders like he were Brandon Jacobs, and in NCAA 14 I've seen qbs truck linebackers, both are unrealistic.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

All Im gonna say is that the EA team should just take a look and take notes at the latest PES 14 Demo to see how dynamic, natural and realistic a sports game should look and play!....Regardless of the fact it's soccer, the game is tight and immerse...and I actually hate soccer!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
LMAO. My man BK hates that game.
LMAO. I am not really that big on EA football (I've enjoyed Madden and NCAA 14 in small doses), but it was so bad, even the physics were bad, and that was the point of that whole exercise.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLaguna
All Im gonna say is that the EA team should just take a look and take notes at the latest PES 14 Demo to see how dynamic, natural and realistic a sports game should look and play!....Regardless of the fact it's soccer, the game is tight and immerse...and I actually hate soccer!
PES is an amazing series. If only I was in to soccer more. I agree, other game developers could learn a lot from that series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLaguna
This right here, ive been playing the hell out of the pes14 demo. probably the most ive ever played a demo and probably the most realistic feeling soccer game ive ever played. Amazing what can be done when a team makes a commitment to delivering the most realistic simulation of a sport they can.

As for ignite engine. Like ive said before, people shouldnt get their hopes up. Ignite engine is simply for the bells and whistles of the football experience(ie crowd and presentation, sidelines). The gameplay will no doubt be more of the same. Dont believe me watch that video from earlier in the thread.

Still dont watch a video of next gen fifa14 and compare it to current gen fifa. Youll know exactly what i mean.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

To make a blanket statement that an engine that no one has even played or seen how it will progress is a fail, just isn't gonna happen at this point.

OP, if you wanna make a new thread about how you think the Infinity engine is a fail, then go ahead.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »