Home

What is the point of playing online?

This is a discussion on What is the point of playing online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What is the point of playing online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner82
Hahaha, every damn year madden gets me on this. I'm like well, it sucked last year.. maybe it was improved? Nope, still you either get a cheeser or someone who quits when they go down by 14.
But that's not Madden getting you, that's the community. It doesn't matter what game you're playing, how great it is, how little issues it has, people will find a way.

Playing Call of Duty and you'll see times where the guy that ends up dying for first blood dashboards and disconnects the game for everybody, simply because he died before he got a kill. This is the same guy in Madden who gives up a touchdown on the opening drive, goes three and out, and disconnects.

Playing 2K and you'll get the guys that just want to chuck up nothing but 3's all day with total disregard for anything else. This is the guy in Madden who runs nothing but four verticals all game and nothing else.

Without fail, this has been the case with every game I've ever tried to play online. You kind of just have to take it for what it is and if you really want to play online, play your friends or put the time in to try and find like-minded people to play with.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Traded this game in after playing online. What a disgrace. No celebrations, no replays, just a very watered down version of Madden.

Expecting more from PS4.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #19
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Got a record of like 22-11 online and holding opponents to about 20 ppg. Still haven't had but maybe 1 or 2 decent games that didn't feel like a waste of time. Probably won't play another ranked game

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I've played 5 games of 25 so far online and outta the 5 I've only had one bad experience I went up 14-0 on a guy and right before halftime he quit because I was stopping all his plays... im 3-2 in those games.

I haven't seem much cheating in the ones I played even though had a ton of times where the person keep pausing the game after like almost every down... I felt like reaching through screen and slapping them lol.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncurrency
Traded this game in after playing online. What a disgrace. No celebrations, no replays, just a very watered down version of Madden.

Expecting more from PS4.
The points raised in the post will likely go overlooked or ignored by most, so I wanted to make sure to acknowledge it. I remember after playing Madden 12 I believe it was, online ranked for 100 plus games with around a 70% win rate or something, then playing NBA2k12 online. I was blown away when in an online ranked equivalent game of NBA2k12, either my opponent or I made a shot right as the half was ending and the refs in-game reviewed it at the scorers table to see if it was good or not, with the replay video actually shown. Madden online would never bother with something like that because they figure nobody cares, which sadly even translates over to online CFM. It's a shame that there isn't even a way to see and save highlights in CFM games online. SMH

It's things like that which clearly set games like NBA2k and The Show apart from Madden, imo, even though it's true that online cheese can be found in every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #22
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The points raised in the post will likely go overlooked or ignored by most, so I wanted to make sure to acknowledge it. I remember after playing Madden 12 I believe it was, online ranked for 100 plus games with around a 70% win rate or something, then playing NBA2k12 online. I was blown away when in an online ranked equivalent game of NBA2k12, either my opponent or I made a shot right as the half was ending and the refs in-game reviewed it at the scorers table to see if it was good or not, with the replay video actually shown. Madden online would never bother with something like that because they figure nobody cares, which sadly even translates over to online CFM. It's a shame that there isn't even a way to see and save highlights in CFM games online. SMH

It's things like that which clearly set games like NBA2k and The Show apart from Madden, imo, even though it's true that online cheese can be found in every game.
u can save highlights in online ccm's u just have to do it after the plays over or have run a play or 2 until the highlight is under the stats in recap. then go in u can either view it or make highlight... whats sucks though is the highlights are in super fast speed and sometimes the uniforms are diff colors.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I've played 5 games of 25 so far online and outta the 5 I've only had one bad experience I went up 14-0 on a guy and right before halftime he quit because I was stopping all his plays... im 3-2 in those games.

I haven't seem much cheating in the ones I played even though had a ton of times where the person keep pausing the game after like almost every down... I felt like reaching through screen and slapping them lol.
I think the more you win and the higher your rank gets you limit who you play against. End up only playing against guys who want to cheese non-stop

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
u can save highlights in online ccm's u just have to do it after the plays over or have run a play or 2 until the highlight is under the stats in recap. then go in u can either view it or make highlight... whats sucks though is the highlights are in super fast speed and sometimes the uniforms are diff colors.
LMAO! Thanks for the workaround though because I would have never known about it, considering any available highlights for other online Madden modes can be accessed at the end of the game. Does this work in User v User CFM online games too or just against the CPU?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »