Home

Passing Tips

This is a discussion on Passing Tips within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Tips

Hey I came across a YouTube poster with a pretty strong offense. He has some great passing plays. His YouTube username is TrayvonPrince25 if you're interested.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 AM   #10
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

The single most important thing to passing is timing. Timing. Timing. Timing. If you intend to throw a route like an in, an out, or a curl, you have to start throwing it either just before or right as they start their move (depending on the arm strength of your QB). One of the biggest mistakes I see rookies make is waiting too long and watching a DB jump the route.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:31 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRambo7
Does anyone have any tips for passing in Madden 25? This is the first Madden I have bought since '09 and on All Pro and especially All Madden I am having a lot of trouble passing. I seem to end a game with 50% at best and throw way too many picks.

Any tips or links to youtube video pointers or anything would be appreciated.

Basically the best thing is to be patient. Don't force throws into coverage. You have to take your time and actually read the defense on Madden. Unlike NCAA14, you cant just air it out every play and expect success. If nothing is there, don't be afraid to throw the ball away.... doing so has really helped cut down on my INTs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #12
Rookie

jmjoker's Arena

Passing Tips:

I use speedy HBs instead of WRs and TEs-because of their high carrys rating-WRs and TEs fumble the ball too much-

I use short/medium routes over the middle and short/medium out routes as my staple-all from the shotgun-

I use a lot of audibles and hot routes to adjust to the defense pre-snap- on audibles, I have corner routes and deep middle routes- If it looks like cover 2 with safeties deep and linebackers close to line of scrimmage, I audible to the deep middle route for huge gains- If the corners are in press, I audible to corner routes… I use corner routes with hitch routes so if the corner goes to deep 1/3 i hit the hitch, if he covers the hitch route, I hit the corner route-

If both safeties cheat down to stop the short stuff, I hot route the slot receiver to either the streak or fade- and often score on 80 yard bombs-

I also have play action audibles on all running formations… so if both safeties or one safety cheats up to stop the run, I audible to play action and hot route the TE or slot receiver to streak or fade- and throw the bomb-

Finally, I use the HB slip screen very very sparsely, usually starting in the fourth quarter- if you don't use it much and use it late in the game while your on your own 20 yard line- you'll hit lots of 80 yard TDs

Raiders CFM
Season 1: 10-6 Wildcard
Season 2: 12-4 AFC West Champs
Season 3: 14-2 SB Champs
Season 4: 15-1 SB Champs
Season 5: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 6: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 7: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 8: 16-0 SB Champs
Season 9: 10-0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »