Home

Player Size Question

This is a discussion on Player Size Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Player Size Question

So I moved one of my players who is 6-4 315 from de to dt and he went down from a 94 to a 80. I think because his size went from a 97 to a 65. why is that??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Size Question

I believe this is because of schemes. His size for your DE Scheme was a 97 but if your DT scheme is set at something different than his Physical rating changes with his overall?
Old 09-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
MVP

is there anyway for me to fix it?
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Niles is completely right. It's because of your scheme. It doesn't make a difference at all though. Some of my player's size rating is 50-60 because they're either too tall and fat or too small and skinny, but the ratings that matter are really high. You can go and change your schemes to try to get that rating up if you want. But it's really just a visual thing. They said they made size matter more in this game, but I don't notice a big difference honestly.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

A 4-3 DE is gonna be smaller than a 3-4 DE so size plays a big role in how well a player is valued at a position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

You probably have the position preference in your scheme set to Nose Tackle or something similar - if you change it to Runblocker that should help adjust the size and overall ratings ... as said above none of these really impacts the attributes themselves but if you are simming scheme overall is still relevant so adjusting position preferences would make sense
Old 09-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
MVP

so since my guy was a 3-4 pass rusher and a de and i moved him to dt in 4-3 if i change in my scheme my preference from nose tackle to pass rusher for dt's that should change his size back.

cause he was a 94 overall and now he is an 80

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »