Home

Contact/Hits out of Bounds?

This is a discussion on Contact/Hits out of Bounds? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8
Contact/Hits out of Bounds?

So last night, I'm playing a custom Vikings franchise with some custom players.. My QB who just beat out Ponder in the preseason is doing well, 7 - 0 to start the game. Then on 3rd down, i'm scrambling to get out of bounds for the first, I barely miss the marker but clearly step out of bounds and get THROWN to the ground (like what Lavonte David did by accident to Geno Smith, except picture him throwing him to the ground) and my QB goes down with a concussion. No flags. I go to the replay and he's clearly got one foot on the white and one going out as he is tackled. Is there any way to make these hits penalized? I wouldn't complain if it was no injury, but taking out my starting QB 6 minutes into the game is rough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Contact/Hits out of Bounds?

Every great once in a while I see an unnecessary roughness penalty. But again thats like once every other season, if that.

Penalties have been one of those aspects of Madden that just haven't seemed to work right for quite a long time.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Rookie

SHSMoss30's Arena

OVR: 3

I have been called for it twice, once was obvious the other was debatable. However, I haven't seen the computer get called for it yet and I can think of 3-4 times off the top of my head that it should definitely have been called.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

To be completely honest I don't think I've ever seen an injury happen on a hit out of bounds, in the endzone or to a sliding QB. It seems to me that EA has 'no harm, no foul' programmed into the game on these plays. What I have seen is injuries and penalties on QB hits after they've thrown the ball, but that's while the play is still live.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

if I remember right I was asking about this awhile back and somebody said only time its called is if its a hit stick tackle....not a reg tackle. I've lost few my players to injuries like that as well being hit out of bounds and nothing gets called. in fact that's how I lost weeden in my ccm now I was scrambling with him went out of bounds and he has a leg injury out 5 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

They don't want to punish users for predermined outcomes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »