Home

Where's the next gen Madden footage?

This is a discussion on Where's the next gen Madden footage? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Where's the next gen Madden footage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
See I disagree with this, respectfully. The tech demo is obviously very bare bones stuff. But even in that you can see the footwork is much better, running animations are also much better than current gen M25.

Graphically is clearly an upgrade and even in that demo it leaves out a fair amount of aesthetically pleasing elements such as crowd, sidelines, daylight, etc.

The game just looks two levels better in terms of fluidity and game speed.
Not to get much into a back and forth about something that's mostly just speculative opinion at this point but some of the same things were stated about the current gen M25 demo. The point I was trying to make is that given a comparable version of current gen M25 to the only available game play of next gen M25 I don't notice much difference. To JPDavis's point, some would state you need to actually play it but that again sounds like the same things stated about current gen and after playing that I experienced improvements and legacy issues alike.

What I have noticed about Madden concerning some people and I have even been guilty of it myself, is that no matter what, it is repeatedly given the benefit of the doubt. There was a thread locked earlier which at first glance, I completely understand but giving it more thought, had merit. ITT the title is asking about next gen Madden footage as if we haven't seen any, mainly because most of us were/are choosing to dismiss what has already been shown, as inconsequential. That's again the whole benefit of the doubt thing because it's basically just spinning the fact that we haven't seen anything that impressive from Ignite or next gen M25 and chalking it up to "just wait there's more".

I don't see how we can continue to pretend as if that demo footage wasn't running on the Ignite engine, just because it was an early build. You are saying it showed clear improvements in one breath but then at the same time saying whatever legacy issues or lack of improvement that also may be there should be taken with a grain of salt because it's bare bones. I don't see how Madden continues to be able to have it both ways.

If that same demo video had PES14 type player movement or something viscerally different then what we have seen in Madden this gen, it would likely still be on the first page getting posted about everyday until some new footage dropped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #42
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

It seems weird that no footage or pics with less than 2 months before release . I don't want to rehash what happened in 06 , but those guys didn't have much info either. Ian Cummings even stated that it came down to the wire to get all the bugs out and piece meal a game before launch. That is why EA prob kept it quiet then. I hope that is not the case this time around . But I'm more of a pessimist than an optimist.

The game only has about a month to be finished. Then their is producing, packaging and delivering it. That usually takes a little more than a month to do

So lets go EA
Old 09-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not to get much into a back and forth about something that's mostly just speculative opinion at this point but some of the same things were stated about the current gen M25 demo. The point I was trying to make is that given a comparable version of current gen M25 to the only available game play of next gen M25 I don't notice much difference. To JPDavis's point, some would state you need to actually play it but that again sounds like the same things stated about current gen and after playing that I experienced improvements and legacy issues alike.

What I have noticed about Madden concerning some people and I have even been guilty of it myself, is that no matter what, it is repeatedly given the benefit of the doubt. There was a thread locked earlier which at first glance, I completely understand but giving it more thought, had merit. ITT the title is asking about next gen Madden footage as if we haven't seen any, mainly because most of us were/are choosing to dismiss what has already been shown, as inconsequential. That's again the whole benefit of the doubt thing because it's basically just spinning the fact that we haven't seen anything that impressive from Ignite or next gen M25 and chalking it up to "just wait there's more".

I don't see how we can continue to pretend as if that demo footage wasn't running on the Ignite engine, just because it was an early build. You are saying it showed clear improvements in one breath but then at the same time saying whatever legacy issues or lack of improvement that also may be there should be taken with a grain of salt because it's bare bones. I don't see how Madden continues to be able to have it both ways.

If that same demo video had PES14 type player movement or something viscerally different then what we have seen in Madden this gen, it would likely still be on the first page getting posted about everyday until some new footage dropped.
I didn't mention anything about dismissing legacy issues, in fact I don't see any in that demo. Maybe I'm just missing something but what legacy issues are cropping up in the video?

What I meant by bare bones is simply that, it was a tech demo an not full gameplay with crowds, presentation, sidelines etc. it was more stating that the full ignite engine perks were not all there yet, which it clearly isn't. So that's not really a debate.

I agree that we shouldn't just overlook legacy issues, but I honesty didn't see anything in that demo. I'm open to someone pointing them out tho.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #44
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG3MVP
I wouldn't expect a new M25 on next gen. Now next year, YES, but not this year. They will port it over from current gen. for M25 I'm betting.

They haven't had enough time to make a whole new Madden game.
how do you know that ? they been working on ps4 since 09 ? you do know that there are different teams for each madden division, same as 2k ?

wow its really funny to me how so many people want madden/live/2k/ slash anything next gen to fail. stop the hating! i sooooooo.....cant wait for the systems to show real footage to stop this silly back and fourth hating going on.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #45
Banned

Ahh...all the sheep flocking towards Next Gen Madden, already buying it before knowing anything about it. Some things never change.

You people are what is wrong with this game. You are the reason this game will never be great, because you blindly throw money at the worst company in America. They release another buggy game this year with minimal improvements, yet the sheep are still excited for the next gen version and have already preordered it without knowing anything about it. Someone with common sense might find that suspicious. I guess no one here bothers with that. Its like testing the effects of negative reinforcement where the test subject never learns and keeps getting shocked. Hilariously stupid.

EA may keep the game down, but your blind, foolish allegiance is what allows them get away with it, and laugh all the way to the bank with your money, while most of you whine that the game is still not good every SINGLE year, yet arent smart enough to realize you are a big part of the problem.

On another note...this site is garbage, and the mods are trash. (yes...I know I will be banned for this...but Ive already been banned a few times for making legit, rational complaints, and the pansy mods banned me because they enjoy licking EAs taint and banning people for no reason...so I figured I would go all out)

Have a great day, sheep! BAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #46
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacecn82
Ahh...all the sheep...
Old 09-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #47
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I didn't mention anything about dismissing legacy issues, in fact I don't see any in that demo. Maybe I'm just missing something but what legacy issues are cropping up in the video?

What I meant by bare bones is simply that, it was a tech demo an not full gameplay with crowds, presentation, sidelines etc. it was more stating that the full ignite engine perks were not all there yet, which it clearly isn't. So that's not really a debate.

I agree that we shouldn't just overlook legacy issues, but I honesty didn't see anything in that demo. I'm open to someone pointing them out tho.
I won't bother going into a breakdown of things in that video because it will just be opinion at the end of the day, if you can clearly notice improvements in it but not any potential legacy issues, so be it.

My main point still stands that the demo, no matter how bare bones, is using Ignite, yet the majority of us are carrying on as if there is no relevant video footage of next gen M25. Again, if what was in that demo footage was substantially different from current gen M25, it would still be a hot topic, imo. I'm trying to make the argument that the fact that it wasn't substantially different should be just as hot of a discussion topic, especially considering Tiburon's Madden track record this gen.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #48
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
See I disagree with this, respectfully. The tech demo is obviously very bare bones stuff. But even in that you can see the footwork is much better, running animations are also much better than current gen M25.

Graphically is clearly an upgrade and even in that demo it leaves out a fair amount of aesthetically pleasing elements such as crowd, sidelines, daylight, etc.

The game just looks two levels better in terms of fluidity and game speed.
Fluidity? Where? Game looked just as robotic as current gen if not more robotic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »