Home

Where's the next gen Madden footage?

This is a discussion on Where's the next gen Madden footage? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Where's the next gen Madden footage?

Feel better, LT? Off your meds? lol, j/k.

I didn't see anything on your list that says, "history can change."

Look, I noticed the same things you noticed, but I wasn't about to say anthing because I didn't recognize any of the nicknames.

If it was a familiar name, I might have said something.

I tend to roll and ingnore the same comments that pop up from time to time.

ie a voice of experience. (I used to be one of those)
Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #58
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Excellent post Only1LT. And in my opinion, in light of not knowing the future, using the past is the best way to predict what's next. And what's next is not a system selling, ground breaking, "up-to-par with other Gen 4 launch games" experience. Now that's just my opinion, but it's based on past history. And that to me is why there is no next gen Madden footage yet.

It's the same reason why the "replay" feature is always disabled in the Madden and NCAA demos. They don't want you replaying wonky and weird gameplay scenes and animations over and over again for 8 weeks before the game drops. We already saw from the tech demo footage shown how the linebackers all hunch over at the same angle and move in synchronized unison on next gen just like they do on PS3/360. So they put a halt on the public release of footage. They need you to just go out and "JUST BUY THE GAME" based on the excitement and hype and expectations that come with a new system.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 09-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

We are getting a PS4, but not because of one game and certainly not because of Madden.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #60
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Feel better, LT? Off your meds? lol, j/k.

I didn't see anything on your list that says, "history can change."

Look, I noticed the same things you noticed, but I wasn't about to say anthing because I didn't recognize any of the nicknames.

If it was a familiar name, I might have said something.

I tend to roll and ingnore the same comments that pop up from time to time.

ie a voice of experience. (I used to be one of those)
Lol. I do feel a bit better, actually.

Seriously though, I'm not mad at anyone. It just irritates me that Tiburon uses people the way that they do, even if the use-ees don't see it.

It's like watching your friend get dogged out by a guy or girl, and they keep taking them back, and you hear over and over about how this time it's different. It's frustrating on a whole other level, because as much as you want to slap them and say stop being so naive, you also don't want to blame the victim.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I feel like Bill Murray. Need to murder Punxsutawney Phil. That will fix everything.

I don't know what I'm saying. Getting back on my meds.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #61
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

LMAO Only1LT, it's just that EA marketing is apparently so good at utilizing gamers optimism, they certainly "get me" regularly. I think if what I wanted and expected out of Madden was really as lofty as some people make it out to be, I would have washed my hands of the whole mess a long time ago. However considering I'm optimistic about things that are old hat in sports gaming in general and even in some cases for the Madden series, it's easy to get caught up in the notion that seeming common sense is good business. A prime example is what I call pseudo foot planting in M25, I don't understand how something like that takes 9 years to get priority in a football game.

I'm not disagreeing with anything in your post, I'm just saying what most people are optimistic about every year and sold on by EA, is that Madden will add more NFL football to their NFL football game. The simple brilliance of this is that it's as rational a concept as there is and even with all the evidence to the contrary in the final product, the concept makes sense. It's the exact same thing going into next gen, EA as a whole has shatted all over Madden 06 and the fiasco that was Madden this console gen, vowing that this time will be different. Yet there is already groundwork seemingly being laid for "this is the first year give it time", which again makes rational sense, in spite of the history.

It's quite a good marketing schtick, especially when team upped with an exclusive license. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #62
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Excellent post Only1LT. And in my opinion, in light of not knowing the future, using the past is the best way to predict what's next. And what's next is not a system selling, ground breaking, "up-to-par with other Gen 4 launch games" experience. Now that's just my opinion, but it's based on past history. And that to me is why there is no next gen Madden footage yet.

It's the same reason why the "replay" feature is always disabled in the Madden and NCAA demos. They don't want you replaying wonky and weird gameplay scenes and animations over and over again for 8 weeks before the game drops. We already saw from the tech demo footage shown how the linebackers all hunch over at the same angle and move in synchronized unison on next gen just like they do on PS3/360. So they put a halt on the public release of footage. They need you to just go out and "JUST BUY THE GAME" based on the excitement and hype and expectations that come with a new system.
Understand, I'm not saying that Madden Next Gen will be bad because of history. I'm not saying Madden next gen Madden will be bad at all. I don't know. Everything that I have seen, which is very little, shows no evidence of vast improvement, but I will reserve judgement until the game is closer to release and there is more to evaluate.

All I'm saying is that if you were to use history as a guide to say that Madden next gen will be bad, you would not be being fair, but at least you would be basing your assumption off of something tangible. To believe that Madden next gen will be great, based off of Tiburon saying "we've changed", is based off of nothing. Particularly since that isn't the first, second, third, or even fourth time that they've said that.

That's all I'm saying.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #63
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
LMAO Only1LT, it's just that EA marketing is apparently so good at utilizing gamers optimism, they certainly "get me" regularly.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...1&d=1379534590
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (39.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 4

This thread was about the lack of next gen footage for madden. Not about who is optimistic, who isn't and why. Every next gen thread goes down this road it gets old fast. Everyone always says: this and that concept should have been in the game years ago. There are too many arm chair developers on OS. And no offense to Big FN Deal who said that foot planting should have been in 9 years ago or sometime over the last 9 years. 9 years ago in 2003 there wasn't even momentum in those games. We were happy just to get double team tackle animations and new stiff arm animations. You see it as a priority and I respect that. But if you take a poll on OS about what should be a priority you will get 1,000,000 different answers.

It's well documented EA has made mistakes. Their engine for current gen was terrible and left no room for advancement. Yes, the games have been buggy. And over this current generation maybe you still enjoyed madden or maybe EA lost your business. But there is no need to turn every thread into a never ending debate about why u like Madden or why ppl shouldn't like madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »