Home

Defensive aided community if anyone is interested

This is a discussion on Defensive aided community if anyone is interested within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Defensive aided community if anyone is interested

Hey all, considering it seems hard to find "non-cheese" online games I've decided to create a community for people that are interested in playing games against humans where the defense actually has a chance. Settings are below if anyone is interested:

Settings and Notable Slider Tweaks:
All-Pro
15 min. quarters running down to 12 seconds (pre snap)
QB accuracy: 15
Reaction Time: 90
Pass coverage: 70
Kicking accuracy: 1
Some penalty sliders bumped to 55
Custom playbooks: yes

These settings seem to yield some pretty good results, accurate stats, and at minimum give you chance on defense. Granted we're not the worlds greatest Madden ballers but if you're a casual, non-cheesing Madden player who wants to play some games against similar type players feel free to join.

Community: "groundknox"
Password: "password1"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive aided community if anyone is interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Hey all, considering it seems hard to find "non-cheese" online games I've decided to create a community for people that are interested in playing games against humans where the defense actually has a chance. Settings are below if anyone is interested:

Settings and Notable Slider Tweaks:
All-Pro
15 min. quarters running down to 12 seconds (pre snap)
QB accuracy: 15
Reaction Time: 90
Pass coverage: 70
Kicking accuracy: 1
Some penalty sliders bumped to 55
Custom playbooks: yes

These settings seem to yield some pretty good results, accurate stats, and at minimum give you chance on defense. Granted we're not the worlds greatest Madden ballers but if you're a casual, non-cheesing Madden player who wants to play some games against similar type players feel free to join.

Community: "groundknox"
Password: "password1"
I will look into this as soon as I get home. Glad to see someone else wants a true sim game
Old 09-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I would join, but the runoff to 12 seconds seems problematic. If its 12 seconds when I break the huddle, then by the time everyone lines up in position and I can actually see where everyone is on D and how they're covering the receivers, there's around 7 seconds left. This is not enough time to get a good read on the defensive formation and audible accordingly, especially if I want to switch formations. This also takes away mind games, where both the offense and defense continuously audible as a response to each other, because there's just no time. I think shorter quarters and a runoff to 20 seconds would be superior.

How long do games take with these settings (real-time)?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I would join, but the runoff to 12 seconds seems problematic. If its 12 seconds when I break the huddle, then by the time everyone lines up in position and I can actually see where everyone is on D and how they're covering the receivers, there's around 7 seconds left. This is not enough time to get a good read on the defensive formation and audible accordingly, especially if I want to switch formations. This also takes away mind games, where both the offense and defense continuously audible as a response to each other, because there's just no time. I think shorter quarters and a runoff to 20 seconds would be superior.

How long do games take with these settings (real-time)?
We can change run off time. The idea behind that was to play 15 minute quarters that yields a realist play count total and this setting seems to work pretty well. I've played about 6 games in this community and I think the games are around 30-40 minutes. I think if we go with more pre snap time then we'll have to bump the quarters down a bit. Don't want to the games to drag out longer than 35 minutes or so....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »