Home

Old 09-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
H2H

Wow, it's been a long time OS!

I've been snooping around for some time now not logged in because I forgot my password, but that's irrelevant.

EA Sports and Madden has ruined online H2H for 25 by allowing custom playbooks. Yes, I know it sounded like a great idea and everyone wanted it (that and Create-A-Play) but it has forced people into making and downloading playbooks called "Top 25 Plays" and "Money Plays". That is completely absurd and ruins the mode for gamers like me that enjoy running the ball and playing an almost real game of football. Now, games are filled of money play - completion - no huddle - money play.

I can't even enjoy it anymore. I don't really have time to play in a mature sim league and offline isn't very appealing to me with all of the extras. When I get off of work all I want to do is drink a beer and play a couple of games online against random opponents, but obviously I need to change my preference.

A way to fix it would be to make the "Play Recognition" stat more of a factor and maybe young recievers getting confused in their routes.

What is your opinion on Custom PBs for use in H2H?
Mizzou Tigers

PSN: yoscotty_
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: H2H

Bump

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Mizzou Tigers

PSN: yoscotty_
Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Re: H2H

I hate when cheesers use them as they're supremely cheap, but at the same time I use one for my Cowboys... but with simulation style intentions. I went through and photographed every single formation Offensively that Dallas came out in against the NYG on SNF two weeks ago and made a custom playbook with only those formations and scrapped quite a few of the ones I'm most comfortable with (I-Form Pro, Strong Close...) in favor of adding a few pistol formations that Dallas is running this year.

I wouldn't play ranked if I couldn't use my custom playbook as I'd feel like I wouldn't even be using the Cowboys. I just hate it when Cheesers ruin this game... Happens every year and in recent years has run rampant because the same legacy issues plague this game so it's just pick up and cheese for cheesers. If they'd thoroughly test each play we wouldn't be stuck with glitch plays like QB Wrap out of heavy Panther (true glitch) and overly effective Shotgun Counters...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »