Home

cfm money help

This is a discussion on cfm money help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
cfm money help

So im playing in my second year as the owner of the Rams, as a financial mogul. The first season i moved to San Antonio, and its week one and i am around 20 million positive.

The problem is when i am away im losing 6 million and when i come home im gaining 5 million (estimated) so, i have a home game then, 4 away games, followed by 2 home games. So i know i will end up being negative. My question to you guys is how to i go back to positive? What can i do to increase revenue? I just need advice on when relocating how to gain money, you lose it like crazy. Just anything people know to gain money.

Second, i moved my first year, and during the first year offseason, i had 50 million, but then, after week 8 i lost 30 million? WHy?

I know i am kinda all over the place, but i am really confused on this and need help, thank you everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: cfm money help

With the way you're losing money, you will only lose about $8Million throughout the year.
You say you moved your team... Where did you move to? If you move to a smaller city, they won't pay much for the stadium. Fan interest affects how much they'll pay as well.

If you go for an expensive stadium like the Modern Deluxe or something like that, you'll be paying millions per week.

As for the 30+ million you lost in the off-season: if you look at Finances, then Revenue, you'll see that you had to pay all of those Bonuses you promised to players.

I made the mistake of moving the Jags to Dublin (a city with low fan interest) and moving into the most expensive stadium...
By the next offseason, I had $41 Million in Cap Room, and no money to spend, so I ended up quitting.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
MVP

okay, if i do happen to go negative, is there any way to recover? Whats killing me is expenses.

I moved to san antonio, and my stadium is 1.75 million or something, i figured that i should get a stadium with lvl 4 concessions and bathrooms and stuff because in the end it will bring in more revenue.

Basically, estimated here when i am away i lose about 5-6 millions and when i am home i gain about 4-5 million, this is not enough to keep me positive. As i said i am at 20 million and about to go on a 5 week road trip. Worried, so i know ill be negative, but not sure how much.

Also, why did i lose 30 million at the end of one season?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

He anwsered ur Q bout the 30 mil looool
Old 09-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Slightly off topic, but going on a 5 week road trip is insane.......cant believe EA hasnt fixed this yet! This has happened in franchise after the first season forever!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

since I LOVE the celtic tigers, I move to Dublin a lot. there are a few things you can do. I usually keep a low payroll, especially when I just moved. you can also mess with your jersey sales, take your top guy and heavily discount his jersey, I've led in jersey sales with my 2nd or third guy at the time I made the switch, by making it about 40 percent off. Tickets as well

but the key is with player contracts. I will pay FAR more salary, at the sacrifice of bonus money. is it incredibly realistic? not really, but neither is this game and its million issues, so this is my way of keeping my head above water, limit your bonus money

also, be wary of the coach you choose. if you have an andy reid, he will hit you up for 7 mil plus a year. that can get NASTY. plus the xp packages are just stupid for high level coaches, you can take a low level coach, buy EVERY package he has, before you can even get through half of the packages with a high level coach(smh)

so to recap, get a cheap coach, have contracts with more salary and less bonus, and work with your jersey sales, which can if you sign the right player(tebow, etc) increase your revenue by a good 500k a week.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
With the way you're losing money, you will only lose about $8Million throughout the year.
You say you moved your team... Where did you move to? If you move to a smaller city, they won't pay much for the stadium. Fan interest affects how much they'll pay as well.

If you go for an expensive stadium like the Modern Deluxe or something like that, you'll be paying millions per week.

As for the 30+ million you lost in the off-season: if you look at Finances, then Revenue, you'll see that you had to pay all of those Bonuses you promised to players.

I made the mistake of moving the Jags to Dublin (a city with low fan interest) and moving into the most expensive stadium...
By the next offseason, I had $41 Million in Cap Room, and no money to spend, so I ended up quitting.
Oh I missed it, I apologize I see now that you answered my 30 mil question, thank you so much. I'll have to limit bonuses in future. I wished I wouldn't have selected an expensive stadium, I figured the money in future would make up for it.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
since I LOVE the celtic tigers, I move to Dublin a lot. there are a few things you can do. I usually keep a low payroll, especially when I just moved. you can also mess with your jersey sales, take your top guy and heavily discount his jersey, I've led in jersey sales with my 2nd or third guy at the time I made the switch, by making it about 40 percent off. Tickets as well

but the key is with player contracts. I will pay FAR more salary, at the sacrifice of bonus money. is it incredibly realistic? not really, but neither is this game and its million issues, so this is my way of keeping my head above water, limit your bonus money

also, be wary of the coach you choose. if you have an andy reid, he will hit you up for 7 mil plus a year. that can get NASTY. plus the xp packages are just stupid for high level coaches, you can take a low level coach, buy EVERY package he has, before you can even get through half of the packages with a high level coach(smh)

so to recap, get a cheap coach, have contracts with more salary and less bonus, and work with your jersey sales, which can if you sign the right player(tebow, etc) increase your revenue by a good 500k a week.
Oh I'll try that, thank you. That was my mistake, I used bonus money to save salary. My coach is Marvin Lewis, my previous strategy was to jack up ticket prices to make money, quests this is bad too, lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »